Ichthyological Society of Hong Kong
Logo of ISHK, with Parazacco spilurus as identity
|Founder||Dee-hwa CHONG (莊棣華)|
|Legal status||Academic and educational organization|
|Chinese & English|
|Dee-hwa CHONG (莊棣華)|
The Ichthyological Society of Hong Kong (Chinese: 香港魚類學會) (ISHK or HKIS) is a non-profit non-government organization in Hong Kong, for professional studies on ichthyology, biodiversity and promotion of ichthyological knowledge to the public.
1 September 2008: Started operation, with Mr. Chong Dee-Hwa as the chairman.
- Ichthyological workshops
- Stream guidance tours
- Guided tours (Day and overnight tours)
- Publication of literature
In addition, the society works on matters for promoting ichthyology:
- Academic studies and seminars
- Setup of fish displaying facilities (e.g., aquariums)
- Runs popular lectures (workshops) to the public
- Holds exhibitions and seminars upon organizations' invitations
- Provides fish-related services (including consultation and support) for the Government, organizations and institutions, mainly on protection and conservation of fishes, ecology, environment.
- Validation, investigation and acquisition of fishes species
The society expects to deepen and popularize ichthyology in Hong Kong community, while sending the idea and belief of protecting the environment and ecology, and to encourage the public, especially the new generations, to experience and conserve the nature.
- Academic Committee: Maintaining correctness on all affairs
- Standing committee members: Kelvin Chan, Tammy Cheung
- Educational Committee: Keeping the educational quality of publications
- Standing committee members: Yuen-Kwan Mok, Carmen Chan
- Informational Committee: Provision of information for publications and activities
- Standing committee members: Shue-Yan So
- Affair Committee: Supports all society events
- Standing committee members: Yui Lee
- Assessment Committee: Asseeement on all society affairs
- Editorial Committee: Editing on publications and media
- "製作魚類標本極考功夫 (Extreme skills on making fish specimens)" (in Chinese). News Roundup (無綫電視晚間新聞) by TVB. 8 January 2010. Archived from the original on 14 January 2010.
- "我校教師出席香港魚類學會成立大會 (Academic staff attend ISHK establishment ceremony)" (in Chinese). Shanghai Ocean University (上海海洋大學). 14 January 2010.
- Dee-hwa CHONG (莊棣華), the President of ISHK, has a weekly column for introduction of fishes in Ta Kung Pao (zh:大公報) See [permanent dead link] and [permanent dead link], as well as the website of ISHK.
- "河流污染 (River pollution)" (in Chinese). News Magazine (新聞透視) by TVB. 21 January 2010. Archived from the original on 25 January 2010.
- "屯門河死魚臭熏天 環署調查 (Environmental Protection Department investigation against fish deaths on Tuen Mun River)" (in Chinese). Ming Pao (明報). 22 January 2010.
- "16福鱷被人道毁滅 團體盼製標本教育公眾 (Organization hopes for educating public with specimen after 16 Gars' euthanasia)" (in Chinese). Ming Pao (明報). 7 September 2009. Archived from the original on 10 September 2009.