Screenshot of the website as seen on February 14, 2010.
Type of site
|Video on demand|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Owner||Canadian Broadcasting Corporation|
|Parent||Ici Radio-Canada Télé|
|Alexa rank||617 (Canada) |
|Launched||January 26, 2010|
At launch, the site offered 2000 hours of French-language television content, near high definition in quality, provided by several TV channels, such as Ici Radio-Canada Télé, RDI, ARTV, Télé-Québec, TV5MONDE, TV5 Québec Canada, TFO, Radio Canada International, RTS (Switzerland) and RTBF (Belgium).
In May 2018, it was announced that Bell Media, the National Film Board of Canada, TV5 Québec Canada, and V Media Group would contribute content to TOU.TV's premium Extra tier, as part of an effort to better compete with Netflix on the availability of Quebecois and French-language content. Télé-Quebec later joined the partnership in the following months.
Contents found on the service mostly include series in the French-language. Following the website rebrand in May 2018, contents are placed into sections such as the following:
- Émissions originales Ici Tou.tv
- Zone Jeunesse
- Zone des petits
- Ici Radio-Canada Télé
- Ici Explora
- Ici ARTV
- Ici RDI
- Canal Vie
- Canal D
- CBC Gem
- TOU.TV on Alexa Internet. Retrieved on 2010-02-14.
- Therrien, Richard (2010-01-26). "Vos émissions à portée de main sur TOU.TV". Le Soleil (in French). Quebec City: Gesca Limitée. ISSN 0319-0730. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- Aude Boivin Filion (2010-01-27). "Quelles technologies utilise le portail TOU.TV de Radio-Canada?". Branchez-vous!. Archived from the original on 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2010-02-08..
- "Le minister Moore reticent au changement de nom de Radio-Canada". Radio-Canada.ca (in French). Société Radio-Canada. June 5, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "New Brand Architecture" (PDF). News Releases. CBC/Radio-Canada French Services. June 6, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Are Quebec media slightly ahead of our time?". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2018-06-07.