|Founder||Russell L. Agrusa|
|Owner||Russell L. Agrusa|
ICONICS is an industrial automation provider. ICONICS software is used by many industries such as Automotive, Transportation, Building Control, Security, Food, Pharmaceutical, Machine Building, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, Water and Wastewater, Renewable Energy and Manufacturing.
Founded in 1986, headquartered in Foxborough, Massachusetts near Boston, MA, the company has offices worldwide, including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Middle East, Netherlands, Singapore and United Kingdom. ICONICS also has joint software development and sales offices in the Czech Republic and Italy. ICONICS is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner whose products are tied closely to Microsoft operating systems. The company's first offerings were integrated with DOS, then evolved with the emergence of Microsoft Windows (including 3.1, NT, CE, 2000 and XP). ICONICS' current solutions integrate with and are certified for Microsoft's latest OSs, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2012.
In 2011, ICONICS signed a global partnership agreement with Mitsubishi Electric to develop integrated software for the Process Automation and Social Infrastructure global markets, with Mitsubishi Electric contributing a 19.9% equity investment in ICONICS.
ICONICS is a charter member of the OPC Foundation, an organization responsible for maintaining the standards for automation connectivity. Russ Agrusa, President and CEO of ICONICS, has been a member of the OPC Foundation Board of Directors since 2003.
- GENESIS64 is ICONICS' HMI and SCADA suite using 64-bit computing.
- Hyper Historian is ICONICS' data historian product. Hyper Historian leverages the latest Microsoft platforms and includes integration with Microsoft SQL Server.
- AnalytiX is ICONICS' suite of products that transform large amounts of real-time data from manufacturing and facility operations into valuable insight.
- MobileHMI brings the power of GENESIS64 HMI/SCADA solutions to any Smartphone, Tablet computer, Web Browser or Web-enabled device.
- IoTWorX communicates to Microsoft Azure or third-party applications using the most popular transport protocols such as Bacnet, SNMP, Modbus, OPC UA, and classic OPC tunneling.
- KPIWorX allows for seamless transition between desktop and mobile applications. KPIWorX allows users to create self-service dashboards that meet specific industry needs.
- Smart Energy AnalytiX is a web dashboard SaaS for real-time energy monitoring.
In 2014, ICONICS was named Microsoft's CityNext Partner of the Year. The CityNext Partner of the Year is rewarded to the partner who helped customers reduce their energy consumption and environmental impact. ICONICS was recognized for this award for their building automation and energy efficiency solutions.
In 2017, ICONICS was recognized as the 2017 Microsoft Application Development Partner of the Year.
In 2018, ICONICS received the Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Award for their MobileHMI product.
In 2018, ICONICS was named the 2018 Microsoft Manufacturing Partner of the Year. 
In 2019, ICONICS received the Control Enigneering Engineers' Choice Award for their AnalytiX-BI product 
ICONICS works to prevent the multitude of possible security threats against process control networks. These include malware, denial of service, phishing, password cracking, SQL injection and man-in-the-middle scenarios.
ICONICS systems are in use at some of the most secure Defense Department applications, both for the US Department of Defense, and those of other nations. ICONICS software products also are routinely installed in FDA regulated sites, regulated utility and national grid installations and in other critical infrastructure. These applications require the products to be designed for, and tested to, rigid requirements.
ICONICS uses features such as encryption, certificate authentication, user and system encrypted passwords, and obfuscation to provide the highest level of security demanded of today’s systems. Equally important, the company makes the system extremely flexible for the system administrator, so that all system-to-system and system-to-client interface parameters can be adjusted to work within a customer’s secure infrastructure.
In addition to its own security-focused efforts, ICONICS has a working relationship with Bedrock Automation, based in San Jose, California, to identify and prevent cyber security threats within industrial control systems. ICONICS utilizes an authentication method within its GENESIS64™ HMI/SCADA and building automation software suite via a control system root of trust provided through Bedrock Automation. ICONICS developers can generate Certificate Signing Requests (CSRs) to be signed by the Bedrock Certificate Authority (CA). These electronic certificates provide users with signed and encrypted communication between their Bedrock control system and their HMI and SCADA applications.
ICONICS software is used by companies throughout the world including:
- Transneft Russian Pipeline 
- London Heathrow Terminal 5 
- Loudoun Water 
- The Pentagon
- University of Virginia
- Microsoft Redmond Campus
Other companies using ICONICS software for their industrial automation applications include the Rome Metro, Deutsche Bahn, Mohegan Sun Casino, The Federation Tower, Schiphol Airport, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Poste Italiane.
- "Home Page". OPC Foundation. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- Mintchell, Gary (January 2010). "Automation Innovation: Where We've Been, Where We're Headed". Automation World: 20. Retrieved January 27, 2010.
- "Microsoft Case Studies: Iconics". Microsoft.com. 18 December 2009. Retrieved January 27, 2010.
- "Ultra Electronics: London Heathrow T5". Ultra-as.com. Retrieved January 27, 2010.
- "Lessons Learned". Treatment Plant Operator Magazine - Dedicated to Municipal Wastewater Professionals. Tpomag.com. January 2010. Retrieved January 27, 2010.