|Studio album by Marc Anthony|
|Released||May 14, 2010
(see release history)
|Label||Sony Music Latin|
|Producer||Marc Anthony, Julio Reyes|
|Marc Anthony chronology|
|Singles from Iconos|
Iconos (English: Icons) is the tenth studio album by Marc Anthony which covers Latin ballads from the past and is the second Latin pop album by Marc Anthony after Amar Sin Mentiras. The album was first released on May 14, 2010 in Europe through Ariola Records, and May 25 in the US and UK with Sony Latin.
The album is produced by himself and Julio Reyes. It also features eight cover versions and two previously unreleased songs that were composed by Julio Reyes. The album includes covers by singers José José, Juan Gabriel, Roberto Carlos, La Mafia as well José Luis Perales, singer and composer from the lead single.
The first single released from the album was "Y Cómo Es Él" (What Is He Like?), a song which was first recorded and written by José Luis Perales. It was revealed on April 8, 2010, and released as digital download on April 12, 2010 through Sony Music.
The second single from the album was Abrázame Muy Fuerte (Embrace Me Tightly), a song from Mexican singer Juan Gabriel. This is the second single by Marc Anthony where he covered a song by Juan Gabriel since his cover of Hasta Que Te Conocí.
About the difficulty of singing "El Triste", Anthony stated that "once you start to sing it you realize the magnitude, of that spectacular voice and special phrasing of José José and his incredible way to perform." 
Regarding the decision to make a tribute album, Anthony commented that these songs stood through the test of time and "they just don't write songs like this anymore... I wanted to celebrate artists that had the guts at the time to be so daring".
Jason Birchmeier of Allmusic gave the album a mixed review. While he praised Marc Anthony's vocals and calling the album first-rate, he criticized Anthony for the lack of originality since Amar Sin Mentiras. Regarding the single, "Y Cómo Es Él", Birchmeier noted that Anthony's passion for the album is evident in the single and concluded that "Anthony may not give fans what they want, but at least he gives them quality material".
|1.||"Almohada"||Jorge Adán Torres||José José||4:21|
|2.||"El Triste"||Roberto Cantoral||José José||5:19|
|3.||"Y Cómo Es Él"||José Luis Perales||José Luis Perales||4:00|
|4.||"Abrázame Muy Fuerte"||Juan Gabriel||Juan Gabriel||4:34|
|5.||"Te Lo Pido Por favor"||Juan Gabriel||Juan Gabriel||3:27|
|6.||"Amada Amante"||Roberto Carlos||Roberto Carlos||3:56|
|7.||"Vida"||Armando Larrinaga||La Mafia||4:39|
|8.||"Ya Lo Sé Que Tú Te Vas"||Juan Gabriel||Juan Gabriel||4:54|
|9.||"A Quién Quiero Mentirle"||Julio Reyes||Previously unreleased||4:13|
|10.||"Maldita Sea Mi Suerte"||Julio Reyes||Previously unreleased||4:01|
|European Top 100 Albums||38|
|Mexican Albums Chart||3|
|Spanish Albums Chart||1|
|US Billboard 200||11|
|US Billboard Top Latin Albums||1|
|US Billboard Latin Pop Albums||1|
|US Billboard Digital Albums||19|
Sales and certifications
^shipments figures based on certification alone
|Germany||May 14, 2010||Ariola Records|
|United Kingdom||May 25, 2010||Sony Music Latin|
- List of number-one albums of 2010 (Spain)
- List of number-one Billboard Latin Pop Albums of 2010
- List of number-one Billboard Latin Albums from the 2010s
- Sony Music Latin
- ""Y Cómo Es El" single by Marc Anthony". iTunes.com. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- Socco, Alex (April 9, 2010). "Marc Anthony homenajea a sus ‘Iconos’" (in Spanish). Actualidad Musica. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Iconos: Marc Anthony: Amazon.de: Musik". Amazon.de. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Iconos: Marc Anthony: Amazon.com: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Iconos: Marc Anthony: Amazon.co.uk: Music". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Los 'Iconos' de Marc Anthony publicará disco de baladas" (in Spanish). Univision. March 29, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "Marc Anthony Iconos Nuevo Disco 2010" (in Spanish). SonicoMusica. March 17, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "MARC ANTHONY - "Y COMO ES EL" - PRIMER SINGLE DE SU NUEVO DISCO! "ICONOS"" (in Spanish). Sony Music. April 9, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Diario El Periodiquito - Marc Anthony se da un gusto personal con su álbum". Elperiodiquito.com. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "Exclusive: Marc Anthony 'Iconos' Album Premiere" single by Marc Anthony". Billboard. May 18, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-10."
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Iconos > Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- "Iconos de Marc Anthony" (in Spanish). LaHiguera.net. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- Billboard. "Marc Anthony > Iconos". Billboard. Retrieved May-03-10
- "Mexico Top 100 Albumes SEMANA 23: del 07.06.2010 al 13.06.2010" (PDF) (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "PROMUSICAE Top 100 Albumes SEMANA 21: del 21.05.2010 al 30.05.2010" (PDF) (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-06-03.[dead link]
- "Certificaciones – Marc Anthony" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas.