id Tech 7
|Platform||Google Stadia |
id Tech 7 is a multiplatform proprietary game engine developed by id Software. As part of the id Tech series of game engines, it is the successor to id Tech 6. The software was first demonstrated at QuakeCon 2018 as part of the id Software announcement of Doom Eternal.
id Tech 7 features ten times the geometric detail and higher texture fidelity of id Tech 6. Moreover the capabilities of the game engine allow to have a new system called "Destructible Demons", in which enemies' bodies become progressively destroyed and deteriorated in combat as they suffer damage. On PC, id Tech 7 will support Vulkan rendering only. Ray tracing will be added after the game has shipped.
- 1 million fewer lines of code
- Unified HDR lighting and shadowing
- Multi PBR material compositing, blending, and painting
- Improved image quality, level of geometric detail, and global illumination
Games using id Tech 7
- Machkovech, Sam (2018-08-10). "Doom Eternal ushers in idTech 7, bloody new powers". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- Birch, Nathan (2018-08-10). "Doom Eternal Unleashes Bloody Debut Gameplay at QuakeCon". Wccftech. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- Papadopoulos, John (2018-08-10). "DOOM Eternal tech details: id Tech 7 can display 10 times higher geometric detail, demons will be destructible". DSOG - Dark Side of Gaming. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "DOOM Eternal tech details: id Tech 7 can display 10 times higher geometric detail, demons will be destructible | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming". www.dsogaming.com. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Billy Khan on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- Stadia (2019-04-12), GDC 2019 Developer Session: First Light - Bringing DOOM to Stadia, retrieved 2019-05-16
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|