id Tech 7
|Platform||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch|
id Tech 7 is a multiplatform proprietary game engine developed by id Software. As part of the id Tech series of game engines, it is the successor to id Tech 6. The software was first demonstrated at QuakeCon 2018 as part of the id Software announcement of Doom Eternal.
id Tech 7 features ten times the geometric detail and texture fidelity of idTech 6. Moreover the capabilities of the game engine allow to have a new system called "Destructible Demons", in which enemies' bodies become progressively destroyed and deteriorated in combat as they suffer damage. On PC, id Tech 7 will support Vulkan rendering only.
Games using id Tech 7
- Machkovech, Sam (2018-08-10). "Doom Eternal ushers in idTech 7, bloody new powers". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- Birch, Nathan (2018-08-10). "Doom Eternal Unleashes Bloody Debut Gameplay at QuakeCon". Wccftech. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- Papadopoulos, John (2018-08-10). "DOOM Eternal tech details: id Tech 7 can display 10 times higher geometric detail, demons will be destructible". DSOG - Dark Side of Gaming. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "DOOM Eternal tech details: id Tech 7 can display 10 times higher geometric detail, demons will be destructible | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming". www.dsogaming.com. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Billy Khan on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|