Ida Ljungqvist, Los Angeles, California on May 22, 2010
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Michelle McLaughlin|
|Succeeded by||Regina Deutinger|
|Playboy Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Jayde Nicole|
|Succeeded by||Hope Dworaczyk|
27 September 1981 |
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||108 lb (49 kg; 7.7 st)|
She was discovered by 2007 Playmate of the Year Sara Jean Underwood at a bebe store on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, California. She was named Playboy's Playmate of the Month for March 2008 and the 2009 Playmate of the Year. She is the first African-born and second Swedish model to be named a Playmate of the Year. She is also the first Playmate of the Year to publicly dedicate her title to philanthropic work through non-profit charities and organizations. Ljungqvist co-hosted the Playboy New Year's Eve Party 2009 in Miami, Florida alongside several other playmates.
Since being named Playmate of the Year, Ljungqvist has worked with Empowerment Works, a non-profit, global sustainability think-tank. Her work includes raising awareness about the organization and fundraising.
Ljungqvist was born in Tanzania to a Tanzanian mother and a Swedish father. Due to her father's work for UNICEF, Ljungqvist traveled a great deal. She speaks English, Swedish, and Swahili. Ljungqvist has a degree in fashion design and marketing, and plans to study economics.
In December 2007, Ljungqvist married Joshua R. Lang. After 5 years together, Lang filed for divorce in September 2008. In November 2008, MSNBC reported a custody struggle between them over their pet Chihuahua.
In May of 2009 she was sued by Katrina Kantner who claimed that Ljungqvist received $90,000 from Kantner's ex-husband, Doug, during a period of time when he neglected his $10,000 monthly child support payments. Kantner dropped the lawsuit in November of that same year.
In 2012, based on video and photos of the two (and Shannon's own admission), Ljungqvist was reported to be dating fellow Playmate and former Hugh Hefner girlfriend Kristina Shannon. The two met in 2008 when Shannon was dating Hefner and living at the Playboy mansion in Los Angeles.
- "Playmate listing". Retrieved March 31, 2009.
- "Playboy Goes 3-D". Retrieved May 11, 2010.[dead link]
- "Playboy bunny fights for her Chihuahua". MSNBC. 2008-11-14. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- "Playboy" 55 (3). Chicago Illinois, USA: Playboy Enterprises. March 2008. p. 74. ISSN 0032-1478.
Playmate of the Year Sara Jean Underwood wasn't shopping for talent when she walked into Bebe in Beverly Hills, but in 26-year-old sales specialist Ida (pronounced "EE-duh") Ljungqvist she spotted a must-have item.
- "Ida Ljungqyist is chosen Playmate of the Year". Vegas Deluxe. 2009-05-02. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Ultimate New Years Eve Party Guide". Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- "Empowerment Works". Retrieved June 16, 2009.
- "Hugh Hefner announces Playmate of the Year in Las Vegas". Retrieved June 16, 2009.
- Staff, TMZ. "Playmate DOESN'T Steal from Children". TMZ. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Staff. "Playmate Victory: Woman's Lawsuit Against Playboy Centerfold of the Year Dropped". City News Service via http://www.finksteinberg.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Bustillo, Deena. "Kristina Shannon Girlfriend: Ida Ljungqvist Pictures". Livingly Media via Zimbio.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Kitchener, Shaun. "PHOTOS: CBB Villain Kristina Shannon Shows Off Playboy Girlfriend". Gigwise Media via Entertainmentwise.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ida Ljungqvist.|