|Birth name||Idaira Fernández Rodríguez|
|Born||14 March 1985|
|Origin||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain|
|Genres||Pop, Rhythm and Blues|
|Labels||Movistar, Multitrack, Cincomasmusic|
Idaira Fernandez Rodriguez, better known as Idaira, which is her artistic name, is a Spanish singer. She is a participant of the reality show Operación Triunfo (2005).
She was born on 14 March 1985 in La Laguna, Tenerife. She is the youngest child, after three brothers, David, Besay and Airam. Their parents are: Balvina and Rafael. In year 2003, she tried out for the casting of the show, "OT" but was not selected. Two years later she returned to try out again with her brother Airam; he didn't pass the first round, but Idaira did. Not only did she pass the first round, but one round after another until arriving at the finales, where she competed against another 16 contestants to obtain a place in the Academy. In the so-called "Show 0", she chose Christina Aguilera's song titled Genie in a Bottle (Spanish language version literally "Captured Genie" or "Genio Atrapado"). Idaira arrived at the semi-final shows, being the favorite to win the competition. During one of the final shows in which the three finalists appeared, Idaira, who came being voted the favorite by the public to win the show, was nominated again along with Víctor.
Idaira's supporters and kindred in the Canary Islands denounced an alleged fraud in the Spanish TV show Operación Triunfo after she was eliminated. According to them, many votes were not entered for her, but for Víctor, since the votes sent through SMS to save the contestant were sent back with the message "Put the name of the offerer", "Insolvent shipment" or with a reply time of two hours. Gestmusic, the producers of the show, attributed the problems to a collapse of the telephone lines. The Spanish Organization of Consumers and Users (OCU) petitioned the Ministry of Industry for an investigation on the presumed irregularities of the voting system after they received complaints. On the other hand, others denounced that the city councils of Tenerife and La Laguna were allegedly campaigning to "Save Idaira" with public money. After her elimination from the show, the young girl promoted her single "Me lo dice el mundo", available only for mobile telephones.
|OT Galas 0-14|
|OT: Los Musicales|
|Las 100 Mejores Canciones de OT|
|Me Lo Dice El Mundo
|Secreto a Voces feat. Skavia
- (in Spanish) Official Web Page of Idaira
- Official Web Page
- Official web page for "Te Encontraré" her first album
- Hall Town of Tenerife officially complaint to the situation of one of the contestants in OT
- Idaira's fans and family accuses of fraud to Operación Triunfo
- expulsion of Idaira wakes up an enthusiastic controversy
- Gestmusic denies the fraud in Operación Triunfo and attributes the problems to a collapse of telefonic lines
- Telecinco requests a report to Gestmusic on the voting system of 'OT' after the Idaira's scandal
- "Idaira case" heads the list of denunciations arrivals to the OMIC in 2005[permanent dead link]