Idam Porul Yaeval
|Idam Porul Yaeval|
First look Poster
|Directed by||Seenu Ramasamy|
|Produced by||N. Lingusamy|
N. Subash Chandra Bose
|Written by||Seenu Ramasamy|
|Story by||S. Ramakrishnan|
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Edited by||Kasi Viswanathan|
|Distributed by||Tag Entertainment|
Idam Porul Yaeval (lit. Place, object, work) is an upcoming Indian Tamil language drama film directed by Seenu Ramasamy and produced by N. Lingusamy. It features Vijay Sethupathi and Vishnu alongside Nandita Swetha and Aishwarya Rajesh in the lead cast. Yuvan Shankar Raja composes the music for the film.
- Vijay Sethupathi as Paandi
- Vishnu as Aasaithambi
- Nandita Swetha as TBA
- Aishwarya Rajesh as TBA
- Vadivukkarasi as TBA
- Bala Saravanan as TBA
- Aruldoss as TBA
- Theepatti Ganesan
Following the audio release of Neerparavai (2012), Seenu Ramasamy announced that his next project would be titled Bangalore Thamizhan to be produced by Vasan Visual Ventures and revealed that Vimal had been signed to play a lead role in October 2012. In January 2013, Seenu Ramasamy revealed that Vijay Sethupathi was signed on to play another lead role and that the film will be based around the hills near Madurai and Thandikodi near Kodaikanal, noting that he engaged in research while filming Thenmerku Paruvakaatru (2010) in interior Tamil Nadu, spending a lot of time studying locations near the Kodalangadu village. The film's story was an idea of writer S. Ramakrishnan and Ramasamy developed the screenplay and dialogues.
In May 2013, the film went through significant changes, with the title being changed to Sontha Ooru while Attakathi Dinesh replaced Vimal in a lead role. In a further turn of events in October 2013, it was announced that N. Linguswamy would produce the film and Yuvan Shankar Raja would replace N. R. Raghunanthan as composer. The title was also reverted to Idam Porul Yaeval, while Vishnu was selected to replace Attakathi Dinesh. In February 2014, Manisha Yadav was signed for the role of a mountain farmer girl after the director had auditioned a few girls for the role. Soon after the shoot had started, Seenu Ramasamy replaced Manisha with Nandita after being unimpressed by her performance. In April 2014, Iyshwarya Rajesh confirmed that she had signed the film and would play Vishnu's love interest. Mu. Kasi Viswanathan was signed up to be the film's editor and Rahul Dharuman of Madha Yaanai Koottam (2013) fame was roped in to be the film's cinematographer.
In April 2014, 30-35 of days of shoot was completed. Shooting took place around the villages surrounding Kodaikanal, which include Poombarai, Padamputhur and Gundupatti. Despite being completed, the film has remained unreleased as a result of Thirupathi Brothers financial difficulties.
|Idam Porul Yaeval|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Sony Music India|
|Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja chronology|
Director Seenu Ramasamy for the first time worked with Yuvan Shankar Raja to produce Idam Porul Yaeval's music. The lyrics were written by Vairamuthu, thus associating with Yuvan Shankar Raja for the first time in his career. The soundtrack album features six tracks and most of the songs were composed after the entire film was shot. The album was released on 18 December 2014 at the Suryan FM radio station in Chennai. The songs, however, had been leaked to the Internet several days before the actual launch.
All lyrics written by Vairamuthu.
|1.||"Eerakkaathae"||Senthil Dass, Anitha||6:06|
|2.||"Kurunthogai"||V. V. Prassanna, Sonia||3:40|
|3.||"Endha Vazhi"||Vaikom Vijayalakshmi||4:34|
|5.||"Atthuvaana Kaatukku"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||4:05|
|6.||"Vaiyambatti"||Anthony Dassan, Priyadarshini||4:09|
Upon release, the album debuted at No.1 on the iTunes Indian Albums chart and received highly positive reviews from critics. Indiaglitz rated the album 4 out of 5 and stated that "Yuvan's maiden partnership with Vairamuthu has gotten the much needed break for him." Behindwoods.com rated the album 3.0 out of 5 stating "Soulful, earthy songs from Yuvan." MovieCrow rated the album 3.75 out of 5 and stated "Calling this Yuvan's comeback is an understatement. In actually, this is pure, vintage Yuvan Shankar Raja. A winner in one word." Sify gave 3.5 out of 5 and wrote, "Idam Porul Eval marks Yuvan's comeback to earthy tunes without the music jarring the lyrical content".
- It’s going to be Vijay Sethupathi, Vishnu and Yuvan!. Behindwoods. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Seenu Ramasamy to team up with Vimal next!. Sify. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Vimal in Seenu Ramasamy’s next. The Hindu. 16 December 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Gupta, Rinku (30 January 2013). Director Seenu Ramasamy heads to the hills. The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Attakathi Dinesh replaces Vemal in 'Sontha Ooru'. The Times of India. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Vishnu joins Vijay Sethupathi. The Times of India. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- M. Suganth (25 February 2014). Manisha Yadav bags film opposite Vijay Sethupathi. The Times of India. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Manisha Yadav bags role in 'Idam Porul Eval'". Business Standard. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Karthik, Janani (17 March 2014). Nandita replaces Manisha Yadav in Vijay Sethupathi film. The Times of India. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- C. R. Sharanya (26 April 2014). Aishwarya to play lead in Seenu’s film. The Times of India. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Vijay Sethupathi will move to Kodaikanal. Behindwoods. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Vijay Sethupathi and Nanditha get back from Kodaikanal after 35 days. Behindwoods. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Gupta, Rinku (7 April 2014). 'I Don't Have Many Dialogues in IPE'. The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- For the first time in Yuvan’s career.... Behindwoods. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Yuvan and Vairamuthu for the first time. The Times of India. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Idam Porul Yaeval audio launched". The Times of India. 18 December 2014.
- "Idam, Porul, Eval songs leaked online". The Times of India. 18 December 2014.
- "Idam Porul Yaeval Music Review". IndiaGlitz. 18 December 2014.
- "Idam Porul Yaeval Songs Review". Behindwoods. 18 December 2014.
- "Idam Porul Yaeval Music Review". MovieCrow. 19 December 2014.