Ideal Home (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Andrew Fleming|
|Produced by||Aaron Ryder |
Maria Teresa Arida
|Written by||Andrew Fleming|
|Music by||Martin Simpson|
|Edited by||Jeffrey M. Werner|
|Distributed by||Brainstorm Media|
It premiered at at the Mardi Gras Film Festival on February 15, 2018 and was released in the United States on June 29, 2018.
Erasmus (Coogan) and Paul (Rudd) are a gay couple whose life is turned inside out when a ten-year-old boy shows up at their door claiming to be Erasmus's grandson. Neither Paul, nor Erasmus, are ready to give up their extravagant lifestyles to be parents, but maybe this little kid has thing or two to teach them about the value of family.
- Steve Coogan as Erasmus Brumble, Bill's grandfather and a TV chef
- Paul Rudd as Paul Morgan, Erasmus's director and long-term partner
- Jack Gore as Angel/Bill Brumble, Erasmus's estranged grandson
- Alison Pill as Melissa from Child Protective Services
- Jake McDorman as Beau
- Jesse Luken as Director
- Eric Womack as Officer Forrest
- Jenny Gabrielle as Betty
- Lora Martinez-Cunningham Ms. Garcia
- Monique Candelaria as Officer Guttierez
- Frances Lee McCain as Doris
In May 2016, Remstar Films acquired the Canadian distribution rights to the film. The film had its world premiere at the Mardi Gras Film Festival on February 15, 2018. Shortly after, Brainstorm Media acquired U.S. distribution rights to the film and set it for a June 29, 2018.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 65%, based on 46 reviews, and an average rating of 5.4/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average rating of 62 out of 100, based on 10 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews". Zac Platt of ScreenRealm gave the film 3/5 stars, writing that "even if it's not a must see, the warm and fuzzy tone and winning characters make Ideal Home an easy recommendation."
- Page, Charlie David (March 26, 2018). "Ideal Home". SWITCH. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (May 10, 2016). "Why Steve Coogan and Paul Rudd's New Movie Proved an 'Ideal' Film for Banker's Backing". Variety. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (June 21, 2016). "Jake McDorman Moves Into 'Ideal Home' With Paul Rudd And Steve Coogan". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- Ford, Rebecca (May 15, 2016). "First Look: Steve Coogan, Paul Rudd Are a Bickering Gay Couple in 'Ideal Home'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- Lang, Brent (May 14, 2016). "Cannes: Remstar Buys Canada on 'Ideal Home' With Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- Barber, Laurence (January 10, 2018). "Mardi Gras Film Festival launches 25th anniversary program". Star Observer. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Vlessing, Etan (May 1, 2018). "Paul Rudd's Dramedy 'Ideal Home' Finds Distribution". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Ideal Home (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Ideal Home Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Platt, Zac (June 28, 2018). "'Ideal Home' MOVIE REVIEW: Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan Bicker in Love in Too-Comfy Dramedy". ScreenRealm. Retrieved June 28, 2018.
|This article about a 2010s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|