This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||17 April 2000|
|Owned by||Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||The home of TV shopping|
|Sister channel(s)||Ideal Extra|
Create and Craft
|Freeview||Channel 22 (Ideal World)|
Channel 23 (Create and Craft)
|Freesat||Channel 812 (Ideal World)|
Channel 813 (Create and Craft)
|Sky||Channel 664 (Ideal World)|
Channel 671 (Ideal Extra)
Channel 683 (Create and Craft)
Channel 684 (Craft Extra)
|11597 V 22000 5/6 (Ideal World, Ideal Extra, Create and Craft & Craft Extra)|
|Virgin Media||Channel 747 (Ideal World)|
Channel 748 (Create and Craft)
|WightFibre||Channel 44 (Ideal Extra)|
Channel 48 (Ideal World)
Channel 49 (Craft Extra)
Channel 64 (Create and Craft)
|TVCatchup|| (Ideal World)|
Ideal World is a British free-to-view shopping channel whose sister shopping channels include Ideal Extra, Create and Craft and Craft Extra. It is owned by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited. The channel broadcasts from studios in Peterborough.
Ideal World was bought out by Aurelius Alpha Ltd in July 2018, Aurelius originally owned Bid tv for 4 years between 2009 and 2013.
In May 2013 Ideal World became the subject of a BBC Watchdog investigation after viewer complaints about non-delivery of goods and allegedly poor quality of some products. Customers also alleged that complaints to Ideal World customer services either went unanswered or were not satisfactory. The Watchdog investigation followed claims by the Daily Mirror online that complaints about Ideal World submitted to its blog had "passed the 100 mark".
- "About Us-Ideal World". Ideal World. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Licence details for Ideal World". Ofcom. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2007.
- "About Us | Create and Craft". www.createandcraft.tv. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- http://www.inflexion.com/news_and_press/inflexion_invests_in_ideal_shopping_direct_plc Inflexion invests in Ideal Shopping Direct plc
- "Ideal World: A shopping channel that's not so ideal?". BBC. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "Ideal World: the complaints mount up". Daily Mirror online.