This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||17 April 2000 |
|Owned by||Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Sister channel(s)||Ideal Extra
Create and Craft
|Freeview||Channel 22 (Ideal World)
Channel 23 (Create and Craft)
|Freesat||Channel 810 (Ideal Extra)
Channel 811 (Craft Extra)
Channel 812 (Ideal World)
Channel 813 (Create and Craft)
|Sky||Channel 654 (Ideal World)
Channel 661 (Ideal Extra)
Channel 674 (Create and Craft)
Channel 675 (Craft Extra)
|Astra 2F||11307 H 27500 2/3 (Ideal World, Ideal Extra, Create and Craft & Craft Extra)|
Channel 747 (Ideal World)
|WightFibre||Channel 44 (Ideal Extra)
Channel 48 (Ideal World)
Channel 49 (Craft Extra)
Channel 64 (Create and Craft)
|TVCatchup|| (Ideal World)|
Ideal World is a shopping channel in the UK whose sister shopping channels include Ideal Extra, Create and Craft and Craft Extra. It is owned by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited The channel broadcasts from its studios in Peterborough.
In 2011 the company was delisted from the AIM stock market, when it was taken private by private equity company Inflexion.The company was subsequently sold to Blackstone private equity in 2015.</ref>
In May 2013 23 -Ideal World became the subject of a BBC Watchdog investigation  after viewer complaints about non-delivery of goods and the allegedly poor quality of some products. Customers also alleged that complaints to Ideal World customer services either went unanswered or were not satisfactory. In response to the investigation, a spokesperson for Ideal World suggested that the incidents highlighted by Watchdog were isolated and attributed the customer service difficulties to a transition between providers. The Watchdog investigation followed claims by the Daily Mirror online  that complaints about Ideal World submitted to its blog had "passed the 100 mark".
- "About Us-Ideal World". Ideal World. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Licence details for Ideal World". Ofcom. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2007.
- http://www.inflexion.com/news_and_press/inflexion_invests_in_ideal_shopping_direct_plc Inflexion invests in Ideal Shopping Direct plc
- "Ideal World: A shopping channel that's not so ideal?". BBC. Retrieved 1 ===2014=== ===March=== *23 -. Check date values in:
- "Ideal World: the complaints mount up". Daily Mirror online. Retrieved 1. Check date values in: