This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Identity Guard Logo
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Services||Identity theft protection, Credit monitoring|
Number of employees
Identity Guard is an identity theft protection service based in Chantilly, Virginia. The service offers several different identity theft protection products to help consumers protect themselves from identity fraud and misuse. Identity Guard is a subsidiary of Intersections Inc.
In 2016, Identity Guard launched Privacy Now, the first IBM Watson-enabled consumer identity protection and privacy service. Privacy Now debuted at IBM’s 2016 World of Watson conference in Las Vegas.
Identity Guard was founded in 2001 by Intersections Inc. (NYSE: INTX). Intersections Inc. was founded in 1996. In January 2016, Intersections Inc. Board announced the appointment of Johan Roets as CEO. Roets joined Intersections in September 2014, as Chief Operating Officer and quickly added President, Identity Guard to his role. Roets was elected as a member of the Intersections Board of Directors in May 2015. 
Identity Guard offers a variety of products, the most popular being Total Protection, Platinum and Privacy Now. All three of the above products offer credit monitoring, social security number monitoring, online “dark web” monitoring, ID verification alerts, account takeover alerts, address change monitoring and public record monitoring. Platinum offers monthly 3 bureau credit reports, scores and credit analyzer, with lost wallet protection and US customer care. Total Protection offers quarterly 3 bureau credit reports, scores and credit analyzer, as well as lost wallet protection and US based customer care. Total Protection was rated best identity protection by Kiplinger Personal Finance, based on an affiliate ranking, beating out competitors such as LifeLock Ultimate Plus and LifeLock Advantage.
Identity Guard launched Privacy Now in 2016, is a personalized privacy protection product that uses cognitive computing built with IBM Watson technology to search news sources for potential risks to alert you about. It is the first identity protection and privacy service to use Watson technology.
Identity Guard also offers identity protection solutions for families and children through their family plans.
Identity Guard products come with a $1million insurance policy. Unlike a guarantee which will only cover expenses if the company is at fault for an instance of identity theft, Identity Guard membership insurance could potentially cover many costs associated with identity theft, such as lost wages, travel expense and elder/child care. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions.
In 2016, Identity Guard launched an online site for businesses to purchase identity theft services for customers impacted by a data breach or as benefit for employees.
Identity Guard Business solutions offers Essentials and Total Protection. Essentials service includes several of the same key features to help protect identity such as SSN monitoring, ID Verification alerts, plus $1 million identity theft insurance. Total Protection service includes everything in Essentials plus public record monitoring, quarterly 3 credit score and 3-bureau credit report updates and more.
Awards and recognition
- 2012 - Platinum product ranked "Best in Prevention" and "Best in Class Overall" by Javelin Strategy & Research
- 2013 - Honor Roll in the 2013 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance
- 2014 - Honor Roll in the 2014 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance
- 2015 - Honor Roll in the 2015 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance
- 2015 - Total Protection® earns #1 identity theft protection spot on Kiplinger’s Personal Finance ‘The Best’ List
- 2016 - Recognized as “Top of the Class” in the 2016 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance.
- https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1095277/000119312515107987/d824039d10k.htm. Missing or empty
- "Intersections Inc. Launches Identity Guard Basic". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on January 10, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "Intersections Inc. Board Names Johan Roets as Next CEO". @newswire. January 10, 2017. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "The Board of Intersections Inc., Provider of Identity Guard, Names Johan Roets as Next CEO - Identity Guard: Privacy Now". Identity Guard: Privacy Now. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "5 Great Tools to Prevent Identity Theft". www.kiplinger.com. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Identity Guard Privacy Now™, The First IBM Watson-Enabled Identity Protection Service". Identity Guard: Privacy Now. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Inc., Intersections (2014-01-06). "Identity Theft Insurance | Identity Guard". Identity Guard. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Rating the Products that Protect Identities in a Social, Mobile and Cyber Age". Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Intersections Inc. Timeline". Retrieved 11 September 2013.