This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Identity Guard Logo
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Services||Identity theft protection, Credit monitoring|
Number of employees
Identity Guard is an identity theft protection service based in Herndon, Virginia. The service offers several different identity theft protection products to help consumers protect themselves from identity fraud and misuse. Identity Guard is a subsidiary of Intersections Inc.
Identity Guard was founded in 2001 by Intersections Inc. (NYSE: INTX). Intersections Inc. was founded in 1996. In January 2016, Intersections Inc. Board announced the appointment of Johan Roets as CEO. Roets joined Intersections in September 2014, as Chief Operating Officer and quickly added President, Identity Guard to his role. Roets was elected as a member of the Intersections Board of Directors in May 2015. 
On January 11, 2019, WC SACD One, Inc., a joint venture entity formed by iSubscribed, WndrCo and General Catalyst, announced the completion of its acquisition of Intersections Inc. As a result, Intersections became a privately-held company and its common stock ceased trading on the NASDAQ. Hari Ravichandran, the CEO and Founder of iSubscribed, assumed the role of CEO of Intersections.
Immediately following the completion of the Intersections merger, iSubscribed was merged into WC SACD. In July 2019, the parent company of Identity Guard rebranded to Aura and revised the Identity Guard logo.
Identity Guard offers three identity theft protection plans: Value, Total and Premier.
Identity Guard products come with a $1 million insurance policy.
Awards and recognition
- 2012 – Platinum product ranked "Best in Prevention" and "Best in Class Overall" by Javelin Strategy & Research
- 2013 – Honor Roll in the 2013 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance
- 2014 – Honor Roll in the 2014 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance
- 2015 – Honor Roll in the 2015 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance
- 2015 – Total Protection was ranked #1 in identity theft protection in Kiplinger's Personal Finance's "The Best" List
- 2016 – Recognized as "Top of the Class" in the 2016 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll by the Online Trust Alliance.
- "Form 10-K".
- "Intersections Inc. Launches Identity Guard Basic". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on January 10, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "Intersections Inc. Board Names Johan Roets as Next CEO". @newswire. January 10, 2017. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "The Board of Intersections Inc., Provider of Identity Guard, Names Johan Roets as Next CEO - Identity Guard: Privacy Now". Identity Guard: Privacy Now. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- Inc., Intersections (2014-01-06). "Identity Theft Insurance | Identity Guard". Identity Guard. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Rating the Products that Protect Identities in a Social, Mobile and Cyber Age". Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Intersections Inc. Timeline". Retrieved 11 September 2013.