Ideographic Rapporteur Group
IRG is responsible for reviewing proposals for adding new CJK unified ideographs to the Universal Multiple-Octet Coded Character Set (ISO/IEC 10646) and the Unicode Standard, and submitting consolidated proposals for sets of CJK unified ideographs to WG2, which are then processed for encoding in the ISO/IEC 10646 and Unicode standards by SC2 and the Unicode Technical Committee respectively. National and liaison bodies of SC2 that participate in IRG include China, Hong Kong, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Macau, Singapore, Taipei Computer Association, Unicode Consortium, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
As of Unicode version 11.0, the IRG has been responsible for submitting several blocks of CJK unified ideographs and compatibility ideographs for encoding:
- CJK Unified Ideographs (added in Unicode 1.0)
- CJK Unified Ideographs Extension A (added in Unicode 3.0)
- CJK Unified Ideographs Extension B (added in Unicode 3.1)
- CJK Unified Ideographs Extension C (added in Unicode 5.2)
- CJK Unified Ideographs Extension D (added in Unicode 6.0)
- CJK Unified Ideographs Extension E (added in Unicode 8.0)
- CJK Unified Ideographs Extension F (added in Unicode 10.0)
- CJK Compatibility Ideographs (added in Unicode 1.0)
- CJK Compatibility Ideographs Supplement (added in Unicode 3.1)
- "ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2/IRG: Ideographic Rapporteur Group".
- "Unicode Standard Annex #45: U-source Ideographs". The Unicode Standard. Unicode Consortium.
- "Appendix E: Han Unification History" (PDF). The Unicode Standard. Unicode Consortium. June 2018.
- "Ideographic Rapporteur Group". Office of the Government Chief Information Officer.
|This writing system-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|