|Industry||Healthcare Diagnostic Substances|
|Founder||David Evans Shaw|
|Revenue||US$2.707 billion (2021)|
Number of employees
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is an American multinational corporation engaged in the development, manufacture, and distribution of products and services for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing, and dairy markets. Incorporated in 1983 by David Evans Shaw, the company is headquartered in Westbrook, Maine, and in Hoofddorp, Netherlands for its EMEA divisions.
IDEXX offers products to customers in over 175 countries around the world and employs approximately 9,200 people in full-and part-time positions (as of 7 February 2020[update]). There are three main segments of the company: Companion Animal Group, Water, and Livestock, Poultry and Dairy (LPD). In addition, the company also manufactures and sells pet-side SNAP tests for a variety of animal health diagnostic uses.
In 2002, Jon Ayers succeeded company founder Shaw as chairman and CEO. During Ayers 20-year tenure, the company's annual revenue grew from $380 million to $3 billion, raising share prices by more than 100 times. In 2019, Jay Mazelsky succeeded Ayers in the role of CEO.
Products and services
Companion Animal Group
The Companion Animal Group (CAG) provides in-clinic laboratory analyzers for companion animals. Analyzers measure blood cell counts as well as levels of certain enzymes in blood or urine for the purpose of monitoring health conditions. Major products of this segment are the Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyzer and the VetTest Chemistry Analyzer, Symmetric dimethylarginine (SDMA), ProCyte Dx Hematology Analyzer, the LaserCyte Hematology Analyzer, the IDEXX VetAutoread Hematology Analyzer, the SNAP Pro analyzer, and so on, among other laboratory equipment and analytical services. Other areas of the CAG division are centered on diagnostic imaging and veterinary practice management software systems, including the flagship program Cornerstone, as well as DVMax (acquired from Sneakers Software, Inc., a New York City-based company, under terms of Ch. 11 reorganization) in late 2012, Animana and several legacy practice management software systems.
The Water segment provides products to measure microbiological parameters in water. Popular products of this segment include Colilert, Colilert-18, and Colisure for detecting total coliform and E. coli. Water products are sold in over 120 countries around the globe.
Livestock and Poultry Diagnostics
The Livestock and Poultry Diagnostics division provides products to detect diseases in livestock and poultry. Products of this segment include tests for Avian Influenza (AI), Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV), Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE or mad cow disease).
- ^ Idexx Laboratories, Inc. U.S. News. Access February 7, 2023.
- ^ "IDEXX Laboratories Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ "IDEXX Laboratories | 2021 Fortune 500". Fortune.com. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ [dead link]
- ^ "Today's Stock Market News and Analysis from Nasdaq.com". Nasdaq.com.
- ^ Maine-based veterinary lab testing company opening office in Brookfield. Corrinne Hess, BizTimes, September 8, 2017.
- ^ "2019 Annual Report - IDEXX US" (PDF). Idexx.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- ^ The Giving Pledge Welcomes 14 New Signatories Panthera. Access February 7, 2023.
- ^ "Idexx's Ayers steps down as CEO and president". October 24, 2019.
- ^ Dale, Steve. "New test allows early diagnosis of chronic kidney disease in cats". Chicago Tribune.
- ^ "DVMAX Reorganization". Archived from the original on 2016-01-26. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- ^ "IDEXX Computer Systems Acquires the Maker of DVMAX Veterinary Practice Management Software". Archived from the original on 2014-05-12.
- ^ "IDEXX Water: Making a World of Difference". Archived from the original on 2017-02-14. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- ^ "Company Full Description". Reuters. Archived from the original on 2010-04-28.
- Official website
- Business data for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.: