|Produced by||K. Balachander(Presenter)
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
|Distributed by||Kavithalayaa Productions|
Idhaya Thirudan (Tamil: இதயத்திருடன்; English: Heart Thief) is a 2006 Tamil romantic masala film written and directed by Saran, starring Jayam Ravi and Kamna Jethmalani. This film was Jayam Ravi’s fifth film but was labelled his worst of the five. The soundtrack was composed by Bharadwaj.This movie plot is inspired from manikandan - deepika ramesh love story. It was released on 9 February 2006. The heroine debutant, Kamna Jethmalani is the grand daughter of a businessman Late. Mr. Shyam Jethmalani. Scenes were shot in Turkey and Northern Cyprus.
Deepika (Kamna Jethmalani) can't bear with the control her mother Sudha Rani (Vani Viswanath) imposes on her life. In order to make her mother angry, she uploads some hot, sexy pictures of herself and emails them to a fictitious name, "T. Mahesh". However, there seems to exist a T. Mahesh (Jayam Ravi) who is a catering student. The more Deepika and Mahesh run into each other, Mahesh starts following Deepika wherever she goes. Mayilravanan (Prakash Raj) is a policeman who wants to marry Deepika. In hopes of creating a distance between Deepika and Mahesh, Mayilravanan seeks a relationship with Deepika's mother. The relationship between Deepika and Mahesh grow into love as they both try to separate Mayilravanan and Deepika's mother in hopes of setting life to how it originally was.
- Jayam Ravi as Mahesh
- Kamna Jethmalani as Deepika
- Prakash Raj as Mayilravanan IPS, Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Santhanam as Mahesh
- Kalpana as Kamala
- Nassar as Aalwar
- Vani Viswanath as Sudha Rani IAS, Home Secretary of Tamil Nadu
- G. Gnanasambandam as Mahesh's father
- Krishna as Krishna
- Kaka Radhakrishnan
- Ramesh Khanna
- Madhan Bob
- Neelima Rani
- Kaajal Pasupathi
- K. Gnanasamandham
- Jyothimayi as item number
The film has been shot at locations in Chennai, Mumbai, Banglore, Austria and Italy. The songs have been picturised at some exotic locations in Germany, Austria, Mumbai, Alapuzha in Kerala, and at the Guindy Race Course in Chennai.
- Arabia - Janani Bharadwaj
- Unnai Thotta - KK
- Urikka Urikka - Ceylon Manohar, Mukesh
- October Kaatru - Pony, Mathangi
- Goyaango - Anuradha Sriram
- Uchathai - Bharathwaj, Rekharajan, Kavitha, Subiksha, Arjun
- Thiraipadam wrote:" It has the Saran stamp both in the positives like a fast-paced screenplay and a plot twist and the negatives like a weak climax but the overload of coincidences and contrivances is the movie's biggest problem".
- Hindu wrote:"The story meanders in rudderless fashion before suddenly waking up to an action-packed climax".
- Sify wrote:"The most refreshing thing about Idaya Thirudan is that it is well packaged as a youth entertainer with the correct masala concoctions".
This film received negative reviews from the audience as it was later considered a flop.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|