Ouali with Dynamo Dresden in 2013.
|Full name||Idir Ouali|
|Date of birth||21 May 1988|
|Place of birth||Roubaix, France|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2001–2005||SCO Roubaix 59|
|2014–2016||SC Paderborn 07||19||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:04, 1 January 2017 (UTC).
Ouali began his career in the junior ranks of amateur club SCO Roubaix 59 in his native Roubaix. At age 15, his math teacher at the time recommended that he try out for Mouscron's academy, Futurosport, which was a short distance away across the Belgian border. Ouali took his advice and was admitted into the club shortly after.
On 8 March 2008, Ouali started his first league game for the club against Brugge, scoring a goal in the 2–0 win. The following week, he started and scored again, this time against Charleroi. After scoring two goals in his first 2 starts for Mouscron, he was signed on 16 March 2008 to a two-year contract extension until 2010. On 14 September 2008, Ouali scored a hat-trick in a league game against KV Kortrijk.
On 22 December 2008, it was reported that Ouali was joining Standard Liège for a fee of €400,000. However, the transfer did not go through because of Mouscron's refusal to sell after the news of the transfer was leaked to the press before its completion.
On 28 December 2009, Mouscron were kicked out of the Belgian First Division and relegated to the Third Division after facing financial difficulties and going into administration. All the first team players of the club became free agents and were free to sign with other clubs. On 1 January 2010, Ouali went on trial with Ligue 1 side FC Sochaux. However, on 7 January 2010, it was reported that Ouali was close to signing with another Ligue 1 side, Le Mans.
Le Mans FC
SG Dynamo Dresden
On 24 July 2012, Ouali signed a two-year contract with Dynamo Dresden. Despite the club's on-field struggles, finishing 16th and 17th in Ouali's two years at the club, he enjoyed a successful spell and reached good form. His pace caused problems for opposition defences as he established himself as an important first-team player.
Following Dynamo Dresden's relegation from the 2. Bundesliga in the 2013–14 season, Ouali signed a three-year contract with SC Paderborn 07, and represented them in the Bundesliga for the 2014–15 season. Paderborn were relegated to the 2. Bundesliga for the 2015–16 season.
- "Transferts : Idir Ouali à Courtrai". DZFOOT (in French). 15 June 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Verts d'Europe : Interview Idir Ouali" (in French). dzfoot.com. 18 April 2009. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Ouali Idir" (in Dutch). voetbalkrant.com. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Verts d'Europe : Triplé pour Idir Ouali" (in French). dzfoot.com. 14 September 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Transferts : Idir Ouali pratiquement au Standard ?" (in French). dzfoot.com. 22 December 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Belgium's Mouscron kicked out of top division". The Globe and Mail. 28 December 2009. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Transferts : Sochaux sur Ouali en attendant Ziaya" (in French). dzfoot.com. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Le Mans : Arrivée d'Ouali" (in French). Mercato365. 7 January 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Idir Ouali, recrue d'avenir" (in French). muc72.fr. 10 January 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Dynamo verpflichtet Idir Ouali" (in German). Dynamo Dresden. 25 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Ouali kickt künftig erstklassig" (in German). 20 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Ouali, Mandi dans la liste des sept réservistes" (in French). DZFoot. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.