Idledale in 2014
Location of Idledale in Jefferson County, Colorado
|• Total||0.28 sq mi (0.72 km2)|
|• Land||0.28 sq mi (0.72 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||6,466 ft (1,971 m)|
|• Density||910/sq mi (351.3/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||204713|
Idledale is a census-designated place (CDP), unincorporated community, and a U.S. Post Office in Jefferson County, Colorado, United States. The Idledale Post Office has the ZIP Code 80453. As of the 2010 census, the population of the CDP was 252.
Originally called "Starbuck Heights", the town was almost washed out by a storm in 1933. When it was rebuilt, the town became known as Idledale.
Idledale is located at Bear Creek. Colorado State Highway 74 passes through the community as it traverses Bear Creek Canyon; to the east, the highway is known as Bear Creek Canyon Scenic Mountain Drive and leads downstream 4 miles (6 km) to Morrison; to the west the highway leads up the canyon the same distance to Kittredge.(39.665971,-105.244045) on the north side of
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Idledale CDP, Colorado". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.