|Born||May 23, 1986|
Idriss Aberkane (in arabic : إدريس أبركان ) of his full name Idrīs El-Kāmīl Ibn Yūnās Abārkān , (in arabic : إدريس الكامل إبن يونس أبركان ) (born May 23, 1986) is a French teacher, lecturer and essayist of Algerian origin. Known for his writings and lectures on the knowledge economy and neuroscience, he published a successful essay in 2016, entitled Free up your mind!.
Lauded by some as a science educator, he has also been criticised for his lack of rigor and for exaggerating on his resume. For neurology researcher Sebastian Dieguez, Free up your Mind is "an uninterrupted succession of isolated facts, of pointless detours, anecdotes and personal opinions, elementary mistakes, debunked "theories", truisms, hyperboles and aphorisms, which do not make for good science education."
His parents taught mathematics at a teachers' college, and as a boy he participated in the Muslim Scouts of France, of which his father was one of the first leaders; he has cited his participation in the scouts as an inspiration for his life's work.
By the time he was thirty years old, he had three doctorate degrees: in management science from Paris Saclay, in comparative literature from University of Strasbourg, and in diplomacy from Centre d'Études Diplomatiques et Stratégiques. He became well known in France for his lectures and essays about neuroscience and gamification and their applications in education and business. A profile in the French newspaper Le Monde described his advocacy for these applications as "a bit North American, where science, popularization, morality, personal narrative and advice intertwine".
- Aberkane, Idriss Jamil (2015). Économie de la connaissance (in French). Fondapol, Fondation pour l'innovation politique. ISBN 9782364080829. OCLC 958458430.
- Aberkane, Idriss (2016). Libérez votre cerveau ! - traite de neurosagesse pour changer l'ecole et la societe (in French). Robert Laffont Inc. ISBN 9782221187586. OCLC 968175754.
- Aberkane, Idriss (2016). "Chapter 2: Noopolitics: The Power of Knowledge". Innovation politique 2016 (in French). Fondapol, Fondation pour l'innovation politique. ISBN 9782130735335.
- "Notice de personne : Aberkane, Idriss J." Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Beucher, Gil (April 27, 2017). "Idriss Aberkane, l'accoucheur des " geeks " de Gâtine". La Nouvelle République (in French).
- "Sciences et recherche: le CV dopé d'Idriss Aberkane". LExpress.fr. November 2, 2016.
- "Idriss Aberkane à l'épreuve des faits". October 30, 2016.
- Dieguez, Sebastian (August 18, 2018). "Bullshittez votre cerveau et libérez votre bullshit : la méthode Aberkane et l'effet gourou inverse". La menace théoriste (in French). Archived from the original on August 18, 2018. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- Rahmani, Sabah (October 24, 2016). "Idriss Aberkane, le cerveau qui libère le nôtre" (Updated 7 November 2016). Le Monde (in French).
- de Gmeline, Vladimir (February 20, 2016). "Scouts musulmans : Islam, B.A. et feux de camp". Marianne (in French).