|• Type||Municipal corporation|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Idukki is a township in Idukki district near to the district headquarter Painavu in the state of Kerala, southern India. The township consists of the towns of Cheruthony, Painavu (district capital), Thadiyampadu, Idukki proper and Vazhathope. Idukki town is an administrative town but the district headquarters is located at Painavu.
- Painavu, district capital
- udaiyagiri prakash
- Demographics - According to the census data of 2001, Idukki Township has a population of 11,347 in which 5925 are men and 5422 are woman.
- The town has 98.26% literacy.
- Religion - Its Saint George’s Cathedral is the episcopal see of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Eparchy of Idukki (an Eastern Catholic diocese, Chaldean = Syro-Oriental rite).
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-03-04. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
|This article related to a location in Idukki district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|