Idun Township, Aitkin County, Minnesota
|Idun Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||37.3 sq mi (96.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|Elevation||1,299 ft (396 m)|
|• Density||7/sq mi (2.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664541|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 37.3 square miles (96.5 km2), of which 36.6 square miles (94.9 km2) is land and 0.62 square miles (1.6 km2), or 1.62%, is water.
- Bear Lake
- Cedar Lake
- Seavey Township (north)
- Pliny Township (northeast)
- Williams Township (east)
- Ford Township, Kanabec County (southeast)
- Hay Brook Township, Kanabec County (south)
- Isle Harbor Township, Mille Lacs County (southwest)
- East Side Township, Mille Lacs County (west)
- Lakeside Township (northwest)
The township contains Redtop Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 235 people, 95 households, and 62 families residing in the township. The population density was 6.4 people per square mile (2.5/km²). There were 195 housing units at an average density of 5.3/sq mi (2.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 95.32% White, 0.43% African American, 2.98% Native American, and 1.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.13% of the population.
There were 95 households out of which 25.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.1% were married couples living together, 1.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.7% were non-families. 30.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.47 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the township the population was spread out with 22.6% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 21.3% from 25 to 44, 28.5% from 45 to 64, and 20.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 126.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 130.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $29,063, and the median income for a family was $40,313. Males had a median income of $38,750 versus $20,000 for females. The per capita income for the township was $15,193. About 6.8% of families and 13.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.2% of those under the age of eighteen and 13.0% of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Idun township, Aitkin County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- Upham, Warren (2001). Minnesota Place Names: A Geographical Encyclopedia. Minnesota Historical Society Press. p. 16.