|Died||8 May 2020(aged 45)|
Iepe B. T. Rubingh (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈipə]; 17 August 1974 – 8 May 2020) was a Dutch performance artist, athlete and the founder of chess boxing and World Chess Boxing Organisation (WCBO, with central Berlin, Germany in 2003).
Works as an artist
Rubingh founded chess boxing in 2003, drawing inspiration from Enki Bilal's comic book Froid Équateur. He was the President of the World Chess Boxing Organisation (WCBO) for many years[circular reference] and CEO of Chess Boxing Global, the marketing company for professional chessboxing.
In 2020 (14.05.2020) the leading chess news site ChessBase (Germany), publisher of professional chess literature and owner of the Playchess site (approx. 275,000 registered users, data for 2020) published detailed biographical data about the artist and the athlete Iepe Rubingh, as well as his active work, with which he stood out throughout his life.
The official Facebook page of Iepe Rubingh shows his activity career in detail.
In official web site of Iepe Rubingh, he explains clear his vision about "Entrepreneurship", "Sport" and Art / "Innovation".
The Queen's Gambit
The popular Netflix miniseries "The Queen's Gambit" is dedicated to Rubingh. He is credited as an "On-Set Chess Consultant" for the series.
|Chess boxing record|
3 Fights, 3 wins (1 TOs, 2CMs)
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- 1st World Chess Boxing Organization World Middleweight champion (2003 – Current)
- 1st Chess Boxing Club Berlins International German middleweight champion
Official in Guinness World Records: First Chess Boxing World Champion
The President of WCBO Iepe Rubingh official is recorded in Guinness World Records as the First Chess Boxing World Champion.
- Iepe Rubingh, de Rotterdamse uitvinder van chessboxing, overleden.
- "The Artists. Iepe B. T. Rubingh | the artist".
- "EduBilla. Iepe Rubingh".
- "Wanna piece of this?". The Guardian. 2005-11-09. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
...performance artist whose oeuvre includes blocking off intersections in Berlin and Tokyo to create monster traffic jams (he was jailed for 10 days for his Japanese provocation)...CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "PAINTING REALITY - the official".
- "Designboom. Iepe: Painting Reality".
- "Painting Reality – Berlin Street (as) Art".
- "Raphaelli, Israel (2008). The CCI-USA News" (PDF).
- "CHESS BOXING- NETHERLANDS. a. History/origin of the Chess Boxing; b. Weapon used in Chess Boxing; c. Technique involved in Chess Boxing and training availability".
- "Kishibaev I.Ya., Ivanov M.A. (2018). Chessboxing as a way of realizing the child's right to physical and intellectual development and the formation of healthy lifestyle skills. Almanac of World Science. 2018 No. 5 (25). Science, education, society: modern challenges and perspectives. p. 147 – 148. ISSN 2412-8597" (PDF).
- "Poltavsky A.V., Tsarkova A.A., Mironov A.T., Guliev M.G. INFORMATION AND PEDAGOGICAL TECHNOLOGIES IN THE TASKS OF FORECASTING SPORTS PERFORMANCE. ISBN 978-5-906001-47-4. UDC 372.879.6, BBK 74.200.55. 2016" (PDF).
- "RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF EDUCATION, PUBLIC-STATE PHYSICAL AND SPORTS ASSOCIATION "YUNOST RUSSIA", Medvedkov V.D., Doctor pedagogical sciences, professor, Ilkevich K.B., candidate Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor. 2018. ISSN 2227-6181" (PDF).
- chessboxing.com (2005-11-08). "Chessboxing: Life Imitates Art". Newsback. Retrieved 2009-11-20. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "WCBO - official website www.wcbo.org".
- "WCBO - sport introduction and rules" (PDF).
- "Associate Professor Ovchinnikov Jurij Dmitrievich and student Horkova Ljubov Vladimirovna. BIOMECHANICS IN PROJECT TECHNOLOGIES – POPULARIZATION OF NEW SPORTS. PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES. Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education Kuban State University of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism, Krasnodar city. MODERN INNOVATION No. 3 (5) 2016".
- "World Chess Boxing Organisation".
- "ChessBase - Germany".
- "Playchess - Germany".
- "Frederic Friedel. ChessBase general biography article for the President Iepe Rubingh EN language".
- "Frederic Friedel. ChessBase general biography article for the President Iepe Rubingh DE language".
- "Iepe Rubingh - official Facebook page".
- "Official web site of Iepe Rubingh".
- "GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS. First Chess Boxing World Champion".
| 1st WCBO World Middleweight Champion
November 14, 2003 – Current
| 1st CBCB International German Middleweight Champion
November 6, 2010 – Current