If My Heart Had Wings (visual novel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|If My Heart Had Wings|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation Vita, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch|
The game focuses on Aoi who, having lost his direction in life, returns to his hometown of Kazegaura where a gentle breeze blows through the streets. On the hill lined with windmills, he meets a wheelchair-ridden girl named Kotori and together they watch a glider overhead in awe. With his childhood friend Ageha in town, and the super-repeat student Amane, they restore the soaring club in order to fulfill a dream: to soar in the skies.
- Aoi Minase (水瀬 碧, Minase Aoi): Aoi Minase is a handsome boy and the main protagonist of the visual novel. He was a member of the cycling club at his previous school, but unfortunately, injuries to his legs in an accident forced him to retire and return to his hometown of Kazegaura. He had intended on living in his parents’ home but was made the manager of Keifuu Academy's girls’ dormitory by his mother, who manages the dormitory. He begins to regain the passion he once had after meeting and getting to know Kotori. Voiced by: Yotsuya Cider.
- Kotori Habane (羽々音 小鳥, Habane Kotori): A slender, very beautiful girl with long, black hair who is bound to a wheelchair whom Aoi meets on a hill of windmills. Though she is strong willed and speaks with confidence she is at times a cry baby. Her sole reason for transferring to Keifuu Academy is that the school is completely barrier free. She has no interest in the classes which teach specialty fields. Because of this, she is completely cut off from her those around her. She was on the verge of quitting school, until Aoi convinces her to join the soaring club.Voiced by: Hoshizaki Iria.
- Ageha Himegi (姫城 あげは, Himegi Ageha): A fashionable, cheerful, beautiful girl who has a playfully flirtatious air about her. As she is good with her hands, she belongs to the Robotics Club but soon joins the Soaring Club. She once had feelings for Aoi but she rejected him when he confessed to her. Now, after five years apart, they meet again. Voiced by: Moka Choko.
- Amane Mochizuki (望月 天音, Mochizuki Amane): A tall, gorgeous, and very stylish girl, she is senior to most of the main characters. Although she is very intelligent, at times she acts airheaded and can be quite clumsy. Her only flaw is her great love of food. She is the sole member of Keifuu Academy's Soaring Club before Aoi and his friends join. She continues to enroll in school even though she has officially graduated in order to complete the glider the club is building for her best friend, Isuka. Voiced by: Gogyou Nazuna.
- Asa Kazato (風戸 亜紗, Kazato Asa): Asa is a cute girl with a bright and warm air about her. She is Yoru's twin sister and a first-year at Keifuu Academy. She can be a little clumsy, and a bit of an airhead but even those traits are attractive. Asa, who can get along with anyone, helps others get along with each other as well. She and her sister provide their secret base as a garage for the glider. Voiced by: Yukito Saori.
- Yoru Kazato (風戸 依瑠, Kazato Yoru): Yoru is Asa's twin. She is cute, has a cool personality and is rather indifferent about others with her head up in the clouds. She tries not to become close to others but is emotionally attached to her twin. Because she is a genius and does not like doing pointless things, she is rather pessimistic in regards to the Soaring Club. Their grandfather is the chairman of Keifuu Academy. Voiced by: Arisugawa Miyabi.
- Tatsuya Igarasashi (五十嵐 達也, Igarasashi Tatsuya): He acts as an older brother figure to the main cast. He is the same age as Amane and Hibari and works at his family's factory, helping to gather materials for the glider. Voiced by: Kojirou.
- Masatsugu Tasaki (田崎 柾次, Tasaki Masatsugu): Commonly known as Ma-bou by his childhood friends. He used to have a girlfriend but broke up with her after a music disagreement. He has a part-time job. Voiced by: Aoi Yuuma.
- Hibari Habane (羽々音 ひばり, Habane Hibari): Hibari is Kotori's older sister and about the same age as Tatsuya and Amane. She is concerned about Kotori flying gliders due to an accident that caused Kotori to lose the ability to walk. Voiced by: Soyogi Tōno.
- Hotaru Himegi (姫城 ほたる, Himegi Hotaru): She is a first-year and Ageha's little sister. Aoi often teases her. In the fan disc, she is one of the heroines. Voiced by: Hatori Sora.
- Akari Kumoi (雲居 朱莉, Kumoi Akari): The vice president of the Student Council. She is very serious about the rules of the school. She is later elected as the council president. She seems a bit interested in Aoi Minase. Voiced by: Kisaragi Aoi.
- Kanako Sigure (時雨 佳奈子, Shigure Kanako): Kanako is a resident of Flying Fish Manor. She rarely leaves the dormitory to go home because her parents kept kicking her out for walking around in her underwear all the time. Voiced by: Yuuki Serika.
- Isuka Misagi (美鷺 イスカ, Misagi Isuka): She is Amane Mochizuki's best friend, who promised Amane to take her up in the Morning Glory but was unable to do so due to an accident. She hides the fact that she has a frail constitution from her friends. Voiced by: Kasuga Rika.
- Hat (ハット, Hatto): A duck who lives in Kotori's room at the dorm; he has been there longer than anyone else. Has a love for cucumbers. Voiced by: Chatani Yasura.
Pulltop officially released an adult trial version on 6 April 2012 followed by the full, limited edition version released on 25 May 2012. The visual novel received its English localization on 28 June 2013, with its age rating lowered to "all-ages": all sexual content was cut or edited. The game was released on Nintendo Switch on September 5, 2019.
A fan disc was released on 25 January 2013 featuring a before story for the Soaring Club (after Amane's route), an after story for the Soaring Club (after Kotori's route), and stories for sub-heroines Hotaru and Kanako. There is also additional ecchi-focused side stories for twins Asa and Yoru, and siblings Ageha and Hotaru.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)
- Known in Japan as Kono Ōzora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete (この大空に、翼をひろげて)
- Eisenbels, Richard (23 July 2013). "If My Heart Had Wings: The Kotaku Review". Kotaku. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- Vincent, Brittany (31 July 2013). "Review: If My Heart Had Wings". Japanator. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "If My Heart Had Wings for Switch launches September 5 in Japan". Gematsu. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete official website (in Japanese)
- Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete: Cruise Sign at 5pb. (in Japanese)
- If My Heart Had Wings at MoeNovel
- Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete at The Visual Novel Database