If You're Going Through Hell
|If You're Going Through Hell|
|Studio album by Rodney Atkins|
|Released||July 18, 2006|
Curb Studio (Nashville)
Cartee Day Studio (Nashville)
Country Q (Nashville)
The Bonus Room (Old Hickory)
Ridgetop Studio (Baxter)
|Rodney Atkins chronology|
|Singles from If You're Going Through Hell|
|Country Standard Time||(positive)|
The album's first four singles — "If You're Going Through Hell (Before the Devil Even Knows)", "Watching You", "These Are My People" and "Cleaning This Gun (Come On In Boy)" — were all Number One hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs between 2006 and 2008. In addition, "If You're Going Through Hell" and "Watching You" were declared by Billboard as the Number One country songs of 2006 and 2007, respectively. "Invisibly Shaken", originally recorded by Lee Greenwood on his 2003 album Stronger Than Time, was released in early 2008 as the album's fifth single, but it peaked at No. 41.
|1.||"These Are My People"||Rivers Rutherford, Dave Berg||3:34|
|2.||"About the South"||Rodney Atkins, Tom Hambridge, Shane Minor||2:58|
|3.||"Watching You"||Atkins, Steve Dean, Brian Gene White||3:55|
|4.||"Cleaning This Gun (Come On In Boy)"||Casey Beathard, Marla Cannon-Goodman||3:46|
|5.||"In the Middle"||Atkins, Berg, Sam Tate, Annie Tate||3:11|
|6.||"A Man on a Tractor"||Kent Agee, Michael Lunn||4:08|
|7.||"Wasted Whiskey"||Atkins, Ted Hewitt, Danny Simpson||3:42|
|8.||"Invisibly Shaken"||Atkins, Billy Kirsch||3:46|
|9.||"Angel's Hands"||Atkins, Nicole Witt, Bobby Tomberlin||3:29|
|10.||"If You're Going Through Hell (Before the Devil Even Knows)"||A. Tate, S. Tate, Berg||3:37|
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||3|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|2006||"If You're Going Through Hell (Before the Devil Even Knows)"||1||33||57||—|
|2007||"These Are My People"||1||42||96||—|
|"Cleaning This Gun (Come On In Boy)"||1||40||83||84|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum|
From If You're Going Through Hell liner notes.
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Jim "Moose" Brown - piano
- Skip Cleavinger - Uilleann pipes
- Larry Franklin - fiddle, mandolin
- Rob Hajacos - fiddle
- Ted Hewitt - electric guitar, acoustic guitar, background vocals
- Angela Hurt - background vocals
- Mike Johnson - pedal steel guitar, lap steel guitar
- Julian King - percussion
- Troy Lancaster - electric guitar
- B. James Lowry - acoustic guitar
- Brent Mason - electric guitar
- Gordon Mote - piano, Hammond organ
- Larry Paxton - bass guitar
- Gary Prim - piano, Hammond organ
- Scotty Sanders - pedal steel guitar
- Steve Sheehan - acoustic guitar
- Wanda Vick - banjo
- John Willis - acoustic guitar, banjo
- Lonnie Wilson - drums
Crowd noise: Aaron Bowlin, Justin Luffman, Jenn Poppe, Kathryn Vieira, Steven Sheehan, Tammy Jo Atkins, Natalie Stout, "GiGi", Karla Hewitt, Angela Hurt, "Angela Hurt's mom", Clayton Bozeman, Kevin Rapillo, Sandi Harrison, James and Tecia Hedden, Lindsey Herren, Danielle Chaffin, Rhonda Chaffin, Doug Barnard, Colin Campbell, Belinda Smith, Marianne Mashburne, Terje Bratsveen, Charlie and Nicole Miralez, Jenny Tackett, Shawn and Kelly Pody
- Rodney Atkins - producer, engineering
- Billy Decker - mixing
- Tony Green - recording
- Ted Hewitt - producer, engineering
- P.T. Houston - recording
- Julian King - mixing
- Craig White - recording
- Hank Williams - mastering
- Downs, Jolene. "Rodney Atkins - 'If You're Going Through Hell'". About.com. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- poet, j. "If You're Going Through Hell - Rodney Atkins". Allmusic. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Loy, Robert. "Rodney Atkins - If You're Going Through Hell". Country Standard Time. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Lees, Jeremy; Smithouser, Bob. "Rodney Atkins: If You're Going Through Hell". Plugged In. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- Christgau, Robert. "CG: Rodney Atkins". RobertChristgau.com. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- Mansfield, Brian (August 7, 2006). "Rodney Atkins, If You're Going Through Hell". USA Today. Archived from the original on August 14, 2006. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "American album certifications – Rodney Atkins – If You're Going Through Hell". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- If You're Going Through Hell (Media notes). Rodney Atkins. Curb Records. 2006. 78945.
American V: A Hundred Highways by Johnny Cash
|Top Country Albums number-one album
August 5 - August 11, 2006
Me and My Gang by Rascal Flatts