Ig Henneman (born 21 December 1945) is a Dutch composer and bandleader. She was born in Haarlem, Netherlands, and took music lessons as a child. She studied viola and violin in Amsterdam and Tilburg, and composition with Robert Heppener.
After completing her studies, Henneman worked as a violist in orchestras, and then co-founded the rock band FC Gerania where she began to compose. In 1985 she founded the Ig Henneman Quintet. She also improvises on viola with Henneman Sextet, Duo Baars-Henneman and the Queen Mab Trio.
Henneman has composed for orchestras, ensembles and soloists, plus pieces for film and theater.
- Baby Ryazanskye film soundtrack (1927) silent movie by Olga Preobrasjenskaja
- Bow Valley Whistle for flute and samples
- Kindred Spirits improvisational project
Her work has been recorded and issued on CD, including:
- Baars Henneman Mengelberg, Sliptong (Wig 16) 2009
- Duo Baars-Henneman, Stof (Wig 13) 2006
- Queen Mab Trio, Thin Air (Wig 14) 2006
- Queen Mab Trio, See Saw (Wig 11) 2005
|This article about a Dutch composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|