|Region||Eastern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,670 ft (1,120 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Iganga is located in Uganda's Busoga sub-region. It lies approximately 45 kilometres (28 mi), by road, northeast of the city of Jinja on the highway between Jinja and Tororo. This is approximately 118 kilometres (73 mi), by road, southeast of Mbale, the largest city in the Eastern Region. The coordinates of the town of Iganga are:0°36'54.0"N, 33°29'06.0"E (Latitude:0.6150; Longitude:33.4850).
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2015)|
Iganga town has several Internet cafes, several guest houses, and a bustling market in the center of town beside the taxi park. Points of interest in the town include the DevelopNet Iganga Project, which houses an Internet cafe and a community center for the Iganga District NGO/CBO Forum. International Hand Iganga is a non-governmental organization operating in the area supporting education and community development.
Iganga is served by a station on the Uganda Railways. The highway from the border with Kenya at Malaba, passes through Tororo and through Iganga, on the way to Jinja and on to Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city.
In 2002, the national census estimated Iganga's population at 39,500. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 51,800. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Iganga at 53,700. In 2014, the national population census put Iganga's population at 53,870. 
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- headquarters of Iganga District Administration
- offices of Iganga Town Council
- Busoga University, located 1 mile (1.6 km) west of downtown Iganga on the highway between Iganga and Jinja
- Iganga Hospital, a 120-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Iganga Railway Station
- Iganga central market
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Distance Between Jinja and Iganga With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Mbale And Iganga With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Google (2 July 2015). "Location of Iganga At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Iganga In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 31 May 2014.