|Elevation||23 ft (7 m)|
Ignacio is a neighborhood located west of Bel Marin Keys, CA. According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), it is located at , placing it north of the interchange of U.S. Route 101 and Ignacio Boulevard, in Novato.
During the 1840s and 1850s, Ignacio was part of Rancho San Jose, a 6,659-acre (26.95 km2) land grant which Governor Alvarado awarded to Ignacio Pacheco. After Ignacio died in 1864, his estate was divided among his heirs.
The Ignacio post office opened in 1893, closed in 1944, and re-opened in 1961.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Ignacio, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Miwok Indian Tribe". Access Genealogy. Retrieved 2007-12-06.
- "Early Novato Area History". Archived from the original on 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2007-12-06.
- "San Jose Rancho". Retrieved 2007-12-06.
|This Marin County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|