Ignacio González González
|4th President of the Community of Madrid|
26 September 2012 – 24 June 2015
Acting: 17 September – 26 September 2012
|Monarch||Juan Carlos I|
|Preceded by||Esperanza Aguirre|
|Succeeded by||Cristina Cifuentes|
|Member of the Assembly of Madrid|
27 May 2007 – 8 June 2015
|Born||19 October 1960|
|Spouse(s)||Lourdes Cavero Mestre|
Jaime Ignacio González González (born 19 October 1960 Madrid, Spain) is a Spanish politician and member of the Partido Popular. González served as the President of the Community of Madrid, one of the seventeen autonomous communities of Spain, from 26 September 2012 to June 2015.
González´ predecessor, Esperanza Aguirre, resigned from office in September 2012 citing declining health. González held his first official meeting with Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy at Moncloa Palace on 15 October 2012, two weeks after taking office as President of the Community. González continued to be involved with running the public water company Canal de Isabel II.
Since 2016 the Justice investigates the relationship between the politician, the former Worker Minister and businessmen linked to politics. As a result of these investigations known as Operación Lezo, González was arrested on corruption charges on 19 April 2017. He was held on remand from April to November 2017 at Soto del Real prison.
- Mossack Fonseca ayudó a españoles a ocultar su patrimonio en paraísos fiscales. www.elconfidencial.com
- Ignacio González comparte celda con su hermano. elplural.com
- Garcia, Luis B. (2012-09-17). "Esperanza Aguirre deja el gobierno de la Comunidad de Madrid". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Mariano Rajoy receives Ignacio González, President of the Regional Government of Madrid". La Moncloa. Government of Spain. 2012-10-15. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Madrid water company was used in Púnica graft case, inquiry shows". El País. 18 February 2016.
- "Detenen l'expresident de Madrid Ignacio González en una operació anticorrupció" [Ignacio González arrested in anti-corruption operation in Madrid]. CCMA (in Catalan). 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "The judge is investigating Zaplana, López Viejo, Villar Mir and the father of Ignacio González in the Lezo case". The Reader.
- "¿Por qué se llama Operación Lezo?". El Pais. 21 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ignacio González.|
Juan Ramón García Secades
| Undersecretary of Education
Ana María Pastor Julián
| Secretary of State for Public Administration
Carlos Mayor Oreja
| Vice President of the Community of Madrid
| Regional Minister of Culture and Sports of Madrid
Ana Isabel Mariño
| President of the Community of Madrid
|This article about a Spanish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|