||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ignite playing at the Reload Festival 2015.
|Origin||Orange County, California|
|Years active||1993 – present|
Century Media Records
Lost & Found Records
|Members||Zoltán "Zoli" Téglás
|Past members||Nik Hill
Ignite is a melodic hardcore band from Orange County, California. Formed in 1993, their commercial breakthrough album came on May 30, 2000, on TVT Records, and was called A Place Called Home. Prior to this release they were well regarded among hardcore fans, thanks in part to constant touring and having visited over 40 countries.
Much of their music is socially and politically aware. Ignite actively supports, and has given proceeds to, organizations such as Earth First, Doctors Without Borders, Sea Shepherd, and Pacific Wildlife. Lead singer Zoltán "Zoli" Téglás has taken account of such issues as environmental concerns and vegetarianism—common topics found on A Place Called Home. The legacy of Soviet Communism in Eastern Europe is another recurring theme, in part because of Teglas' Hungarian background.
On May 9, 2005, they filmed a live DVD at The Troubadour with A Dying Dream and Eightyonedays in West Hollywood, California. Unfortunately the DVD was never released due to some technical problems with the quality. But on April 20, 2008 they gathered footage for an upcoming live DVD of their show in Leipzig, Germany.
On July 20, 2005, a deal was announced with Abacus Recordings, a subsidiary label of Century Media Records; the band's album Our Darkest Days was released on the label in May 2006.
On one of their headlining shows at Persistence Tour 2009 the band announced they were working on a new record. The Pennywise website, on Feb 16, 2010 announced that frontman Zoli Téglás just recently joined Pennywise. Ignite announced on their website a few days before that they are excited for Zoli and his opportunity to sing in Pennywise and tour with them.
The band eventually began touring with Zoli in 2014, and began recording a fifth album.
- Zoli Téglás, (1994–present) – vocals
- Brett Rasmussen, (1993–present) – bass
- Brian Balchack, (1998-2000, 2005–present) – guitar
- Craig Anderson, (1997–present) – drums
- Kevin Kilkenny, (2000-2003, 2006–present) – guitar
- Nik Hill, (2000, 2003, 2005–2015) – guitar
- Casey Jones, (1993-1997) - drums
- Joe Foster, (1993-1998) - guitar
- Joe Nelson, (1993) - vocals
- Randy Johnson, (1994) - vocals
- Gavin Oglesby (1993-1994) - guitar
- Scarred For Life (1994) Lost & Found Records
- In My Time EP (1995) Lost & Found Records
- Family (1995) Lost & Found Records
- same recordings as Call On My Brothers
- Call On My Brothers (1995) Conversion Records
- reissued on Revelation Records in 2000
- Ignite / Good Riddance (1996)
- split with Good Riddance
- Past Our Means EP (1996) Revelation Records
- Straight Ahead (1997) Rovers Records
- contains In My Time, first five tracks from Scarred For Life, plus the title track from Call On My Brothers
- Ignite / X-Acto split (1997) Ataque Sonoro Records
- contains first four from In My Time, plus Ash Return demo
- A Place Called Home (2000) TVT Records
- re-released in Europe by BMG Records
- Our Darkest Days (2006) Abacus Recordings (USA), Century Media Records (Europe)
- In 2007, Century Media Records released a special tour edition in Europe. The tour edition includes two extra tracks (Last time and the demo version of Bleeding) and also contains the video of Bleeding. The tour edition has a different artwork and it was available for a fan-friendly price at the band's European tour.
- A War Against You (2016) Century Media Records
- Punk Bites (1996) Fearless Records
- Guilty By Association (1995)
- West Coast vs. East Coast Hardcore (1995)
- As The Sun Sets... (1999) The Association Of Welterweights
- Never Give In: A Tribute To Bad Brains (1999) Century Media Records
- Punk Chunks Vol. 2 (2002) Lameass Recordz
- Revelation 100: A Fifteen Year Retrospective Of Rare Recordings (2002) Revelation Records
- The Worldwide Tribute To The Real Oi Vol. 2 (2002) I Scream/Knockout/Triple Crown
- Our Impact Will Be Felt (2007) Abacus Recordings
- Band web site, "Bio" page
- Band web site, "DVD Update"
- "Pennywise officially names Zoli Teglas of Ignite as new vocalist." Punknews.org. February 16, 2010.