Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ignition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ignition may refer to:
- Firelighting, the human act of creating a fire for warmth, cooking and other uses
- Combustion, exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat and conversion of chemical species
- The point where the energy gain from a controlled Nuclear Fusion reaction is able to release energy at a greater rate, than is deposited into the fuel to overcome the activation energy barrier
- Ignition (video game), a top-down racing game for PC published in 1997
- Ignition (2001 film), directed by Yves Simoneau
- Ignition Entertainment, a computer video games company founded in 2002
- Ignition! An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants (1972) by John Drury Clark
- Ignition (B1A4 album), 2012
- Ignition (Darude album), 2001
- Ignition (John Waite album), 1982
- Ignition (Mark Boals album), 1998
- Ignition (Nicky Romero album), 2014
- Ignition (The Offspring album), 1992
- Ignition (The Music Machine album)
- Ignition!, album by Brian Setzer, 2001
- Ignition, an album by American rapper X-Raided, 2007
- Ignition (EP), a 2012 EP by Unisonic
- "Ignition (Remix)", a 2002 song by R. Kelly
- "Ignition", a song by Trivium from the album The Crusade, 2006
- "Ignition", a song by tobyMac from the album Portable Sounds, 2007–08
- "Ignition", a 2013 song by Dutch DJ and producer Nicky Romero.
- Fusion ignition, the point at which a nuclear fusion reaction becomes self-sustaining
- National Ignition Facility, fusion research facility located at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California
- Ignition system, a method for activating and controlling the combustion of fuel in an internal combustion engine.
- Ignition switch, receptacle for a key used to start the engine in a vehicle.
- Ignition coil, an induction coil in an automobile's ignition system that raises the battery's voltage to the levels necessary for a spark to ignite the fuel
- H.E.I., high energy ignition, an electronic ignition system used by General Motors from 1974 to the mid-1980s
- Ignition (event), a Burning Man regional event held in Montreal, Quebec
- Ignition (student training), a transition and mentorship program that is implemented in high schools across the United States
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ignition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.