Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ignition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ignition may refer to:
- Firelighting, the human act of creating a fire for warmth, cooking and other uses
- Combustion, exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat and conversion of chemical species
- The point where the energy gain from a controlled Nuclear Fusion reaction is able to release energy at a greater rate, than is deposited into the fuel to overcome the activation energy barrier
- Ignition (video game), a top-down racing game for PC published in 1997
- Ignition (2001 film), directed by Yves Simoneau
- Ignition Entertainment, a computer video games company founded in 2002
- Ignition! An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants (1972) by John Drury Clark
- Ignition (B1A4 album), 2012
- Ignition (Darude album), 2001
- Ignition (John Waite album), 1982
- Ignition (Mark Boals album), 1998
- Ignition (Nicky Romero album), 2014
- Ignition (The Offspring album), 1992
- Ignition!, album by Brian Setzer, 2001
- Ignition, an album by American rapper X-Raided, 2007
- Ignition (EP), a 2012 EP by Unisonic
- "Ignition (Remix)", a 2002 song by R. Kelly
- "Ignition", a song by Trivium from the album The Crusade, 2006
- "Ignition", a song by tobyMac from the album Portable Sounds, 2007–08
- "Ignition", a 2013 song by Dutch DJ and producer Nicky Romero.
- Fusion ignition, the point at which a nuclear fusion reaction becomes self-sustaining
- National Ignition Facility, fusion research facility located at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California
- Ignition system, a method for activating and controlling the combustion of fuel in an internal combustion engine.
- Ignition switch, receptacle for a key used to start the engine in a vehicle.
- Ignition coil, an induction coil in an automobile's ignition system that raises the battery's voltage to the levels necessary for a spark to ignite the fuel
- H.E.I., high energy ignition, an electronic ignition system used by General Motors from 1974 to the mid-1980s
- Ignition (event), a Burning Man regional event held in Montreal, Quebec
- Ignition (student training), a transition and mentorship program that is implemented in high schools across the United States
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ignition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.