Ignore all rules
"Ignore all rules" is a rule to set other rules aside.
"Ignore All Rules" is a rule of the English-language open content encyclopedia, Wikipedia. Its formulation is generally (emphasis in original), "If a rule prevents you from improving or maintaining Wikipedia, ignore it." The philosophy or mantra was championed by Larry Sanger (a co-founder of Wikipedia, active 2001–2002), who made it the first of a set of site guidelines (but later rejected it); it continues to be disseminated by Jimmy Wales (the still active co-founder of Wikipedia).
- Shapiro, Haim (1995-07-14). "Matters of Taste". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- Reid, Graham (2001-11-18). "Stephen King: On Writing". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Wikipedia:Ignore all rules". Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. 2012-04-13. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- Heather Havenstein (2007-04-02). "Wikipedia founder rejects his 'ignore all rules' mantra in new online project: Larry Sanger launches Citizendium". ComputerWorld. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- Schiff, Stacy (2006-07-31). "Know It All: Can Wikipedia conquer experience?". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2008-06-05.