Igor Cukrov (2009)
|Birth name||Igor Cukrov|
6 June 1984 |
Šibenik, SR Croatia, Yugoslavia
|Genres||Pop, rock, pop rock, bel canto|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician, television personality|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar, clarinet, trumpet|
|Associated acts||Operacija trijumf|
Igor Cukrov (born 6 June 1984) is a Croatian singer, musician and television personality. He came to media attention as one of sixteen contestants of talents show Operacija trijumf, Balkan version of Endemol's Star Academy. Cukrov represented Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 alongside Andrea Šušnjara with the song "Lijepa Tena", written by Tonči Huljić. The song qualified to the final from the second semi-final as the jury's selected qualifier. It eventually finished in 18th place with 45 points.
Since early childhood Cukrov showed interes for music, in 1991. he won first prize in "Moj prvi nastup" lead by Remi Kazinotti. 1993. Cukrov won first prize for first voice of "Pojisan" school, than later third place in category of all schools of Split. In 1994. Cukrov participated in children's version on Split festival singing the song "Mali vrabac" In 2003. Cukrov won the first prize for first voice of Sibensko-kninska zupanija. Cukrov performed as the Split Festival where he was awarded a prize for best debutant (2007) and he has also gained experience as a tenor of the a cappella Cambi singers. In
The Operacija trijumf is the Balkan version of Endemol's talents show Star Academy. It included the young talents from whole former SFR Yugoslavia (except Slovenia and Kosovo) – Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. The show began on 29 September 2008. Cukrov showcased his singing abilities through a wide repertory, singing opera songs such as "Con te partirò" of Andrea Bocelli, but also rock songs such as "Angie" of the Rolling Stones and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" of Aerosmith. The contestants of the Operacija trijumf, including Cukrov, supported Goran Karan at his concert in Belgrade, singing "Stand by Me".
Igor Cukrov was expelled on the 13th gala event, losing in telephone voting to Vukašin Brajić. During the show, there were some rumors that the judge Tonči Huljić is very protective about Cukrov, because he was never nominated, until the twelfth gala; Huljić later stated that expelling Cukrov was an injustice.
During the Operacija trijumf, Igor Cukrov performed the following songs:
- Gibonni & Oliver Dragojević – "U ljubav vjere nemam" with the student Nikola Paunović (Gala 1)
- Željko Joksimović – "Leđa o leđa" with Željko Joksimović (Gala 2)
- Dino Merlin & Željko Joksimović – "Supermen" with the student Vukašin Brajić (Gala 3)
- Gibonni – "Libar" (Gala 4)
- Kemal Monteno – "Nije htjela" with Kemal Monteno (Gala 5)
- Andrea Bocelli – Con te partirò (Gala 6)
- Oliver Mandić – "Poludeću" (Gala 7)
- The Beatles – "Yesterday" (Gala 8)
- Bijelo dugme – "Ako ima Boga" (Gala 9)
- Indexi – "Žute dunje" (Gala 10)
- The Beatles – "Help!"/"A Hard Day's Night" with all male students (Gala 11)
- Zdravko Čolić – "Jedna zima s Kristinom" (Gala 11)
- Celine Dion – "My Heart Will Go On" with the student Nina Petković (Gala 11)
- The Rolling Stones – "Angie" (Gala 12)
- Prljavo kazalište/VIS Idoli – "Mi plešemo"/"Maljčiki" with the students Ana Bebić and Vukašin Brajić (Gala 12)
- Aerosmith – "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (Gala 13)
- U2 – "With or Without You" (Gala 13) with the student Vukašin Brajić
- Film – "Pjevajmo do zore" with the students Andrea Harapin, Ivana Nikodijević and Kristijan Jovanov (Semifinal, revival)
Eurovision Song Contest 2009
After the Operacija trijumf, all the contestants expressed the will to participate at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, which was held in Moscow. The Croatian OT contestants Cukrov and Ana Bebić immediately qualified for the final event. The song "Lijepa Tena" was written and composed by famous Croatian musician Tonči Huljić. The Croatian final for the Eurovision Song Contest – Dora – was held on 28 February 2008, and Igor Cukrov won with the total of 30 points. The song competed in the second semi-final where it won qualification for the final as the jury's selected pick. It finished in 18th place.
- 2009: Upcoming compilation of Operacija trijumf contestants
- 2007: "Dusa mi je bili kamen" (Splitski festival 2007.)
- 2009: "Lijepa Tena" EUROSONG FINALS
- 2009: "Mjesečar" (Splitski festival)
- 2009: "Nebesa" (with [Magazin])
- 2010: "Moja draga" [Pjesma Mediterana, Budva, Montenegro]
- "Dalmaciju minjat se ne moze" Trogir fest 2012.
- "Ajdemo jube"
- "Caca moj" (Puno mi falis caca moj) 2011.
- "Prolij vino po meni" (CMC festival Vodice)
- "Korak po korak" (Ohridski festival, MAKEDONIA) THIRD PLACE
- "Kraj mene si ti" (Igor Cukrov ft. Bojan Delic)
(Festival Suncane Skale, Herceg novi, Montenegro), Hit records
- "Prida bi se mandolini" (Trogir festival, "Slavuji kamelenga Vinko Coce) FIRST PLACE
- "Slucajno" - Igor Cukrov ft. Ana Duderija-Sucur (Hit records)
- "Fali mi" (Hit records)
- "Haljina na pruge" (Hit records)
- "Treba li mi netko kao ti" (Hit records) 2010.(Splitski festival)
- "Za one sto su kao mi" (CMC festival Vodice 2012.)
- "Znaes li" (Skopje fest, MAKEDONIA, 2013.)
- "Sanjaj Hrvatska" (Croatian music channel, CMC festival Vodice 2013.)
- "Jedna dusa jedno tilo" 2014. (Hit records)
- "Jedino ti znas me va dusu" MiK (Melodije Istre i Kvarnera) 2015.
- "Volio sam cure" (Hit records) (CMC festival Vodice 2015.)
- "E moj admirale" (Splitski festival 2015.)
"Daruj srecu novim ljudima" (Hit records) 2016.
- 2017: "Da te zagrlim" (Hit records)
- "Igor Cukrov". hrt.hr. Croatian Radiotelevision. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Splitska veza za svjetski uspjeh". Gloria (in Croatian). 19 February 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Igor Cukrov wins DORA!". www.oikotimes.com. Archived from the original on 10 May 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- B92: Jedino Ana imala tremu Archived 22 January 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Operacija trijumf, 29 December 2008. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- B92: OT Tonči Huljić: Nepravedno je što je Igor Cukrov ispao Archived 22 January 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- B92: Protekcija Archived 7 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Operacija trijumf, 20 November 2008. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- B92: The wish of us all is the Eurovision Song Contest Archived 7 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Operacija trijumf, 9 January 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- B92: Svima je želja „Pesma Evrovizije“ Archived 7 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Operacija trijumf, 9 January 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Igor Cukrov.|
- www.igorcukrov.express-forum.net Official fan-club and forum
Kraljevi ulice & 75 Cents
|Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest
with Lako je sve