Igor Khoroshev (1998)
|Birth name||Igor Petrovich Khoroshev|
|Born||14 July 1965|
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Instruments||Keyboards, piano, synthesizers|
|Associated acts||Yes, Benjamin Orr|
Igor Petrovich Khoroshev (Russian: Игорь Петрович Хорошев; born 14 July 1965, in Moscow) is a Russian keyboard player living in the USA, best known for his work with Yes between 1997 and 2001. Khoroshev appeared on their studio albums Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Igor supported those albums on their tours. He also plays on the live album / DVD House of Yes: Live from House of Blues, where he can be seen simultaneously playing a cowbell and keyboards on "Roundabout".
Igor Khoroshev was born in Moscow, Russia. He took piano lessons from age four and later learned other instruments including the trombone, French horn, guitar and drums. He obtained a diploma in music.
In the early 1990s, he moved to the USA, settling in Boston, where he worked with Benjamin Orr of The Cars among others. Khoroshev met Carl Jacobson of the Cakewalk software house. Jacobson employed Khoroshev, who composed music for Cakewalk's Pro Audio 9, and he also introduced Khoroshev to Yes's Jon Anderson.
Khoroshev released a solo album Piano Works in 1999. He appeared on the Emerson, Lake & Palmer tribute album Encores, Legends and Paradox. In March 2000, he and Jon Anderson worked on an album called True You, True Me. The album was estimated to be released in November of that year, with a tour as a duet in early 2001. This did not, however, come to fruition and the collaboration project was shelved.
Igor left Yes after their Masterworks Tour, following an incident involving two female security guards on that tour, Khoroshev was charged with assault and battery and sexual battery, although the matter was later settled out of court.
Since leaving Yes, Khoroshev worked on film soundtracks, including "Good Night Valentino" and "The Pearl", and in a production role, often working with Mike Plotnikoff (e.g. With Shivering Hearts We Wait, 2011).
- Open Your Eyes (as a session player on three tracks), 1997
- The Ladder - 1999
- House of Yes: Live from House of Blues - 2000
- Piano Works - 1999
- Encores, Legends, and Paradox, A Tribute to the Music of ELP - 1999
- Charlie Farren: Deja Blue... The Color of Love - 1999
- Farrenheit/Charlie Farren: Greasetown: Farrenheit III - 1999
- Like a Storm: The End of the Beginning - 2009
- Blindside: With Shivering Hearts We Wait - 2011
- Checkpoint Charlie: Love Karma - 2014 (co-produced)
- True Violet: True Violet - 2015 (co-produced, co-mixed)
- The Agonist: Five - 2016 (string arrangements, mixing)
- Starset: Vessels - 2017 (strings, orchestral arrangements, programming)
- All That Remains: Madness - 2017 (string arrangement for track "Back to You")
- Red: Gone - 2017 (string arrangements, programming)
- YES? FEMALE SECURITY GUARDS SAY NO!
- With Shivering Hearts We Wait, Blindside, 2011
- Open Your Eyes - Yes, 1997