Igor Kurnosov, Lublin 2010
|Full name||Игорь Курносов|
30 May 1985|
|Died||8 August 2013
|Peak rating||2680 (May 2010)
(No. 52 in the May 2010 FIDE World Rankings)
In 2004 he won the 8th Open International Bavarian Chess Championship in Bad Wiessee edging out on tiebreak other five grandmasters. Kurnosov took clear first place at the Arctic Chess Challenge in Tromsø, Norway in 2008,  2008/9 Hastings Masters tournament and 2011 Politiken Cup in Helsingør, Denmark. In 2010 he played in the Russian Championship Superfinal, where he scored 5½/11 for a shared 7tht–10th place. In December 2011, Kurnosov won the Zurich Christmas Open by tiebreak over Boris Grachev. In 2012, by winning the semi-finals in Astana, he qualified for the World Rapid Chess Championship final. In the same year he tied for 1st–3rd with Sergei Movsesian and Romain Edouard in the Biel Masters Open winning the tournament on countback. In May 2013 he won the Nakhchivan Open on tiebreak over Aleksandr Shimanov and Gadir Guseinov. Two months later, in July 2013, Kurnosov won the 20th Abu Dhabi Chess Festival, edging out Zahar Efimenko, Mikhailo Oleksienko and Avetik Grigoryan on tiebreak.
- Igor Kurnosov vs Marat Dzhumaev, 2nd Agzamov Memorial 2008, Pirc Defense: Byrne Variation (B07), 1-0
- Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Igor Kurnosov, Aeroflot Open 2009, Neo-Grünfeld Defence: Goglidze Attack (D70), 0-1
- Crowther, Mark (2004-11-08). "TWIC 522: 8th International Open Bayerische Schach Meisterschaft". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- GM Igor Kurnosov wins Arctic Chess Challenge. FIDE.
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - ITMA No it is not – it's Igor Kurnosov
- "Politiken Cup 2011". Chessdom. 2011-08-08. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Ian Nepomniachtchi is Russian Chess Champion". Chessdom. 2010-12-24.
- Crowther, Mark (2012-01-02). "TWIC 835: 35th Zurich Christmas Open". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- Doggers, Peter (2012-07-04). "Dreev, Kurnosov and Tkachiev qualify for Rapid World Championship final". ChessVibes. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Kurnosov wins Nakhchivan Open". ChessVibes. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Kurnosov wins 20th Abu Dhabi Chess Festival 2013". ChessBase. 2013-07-08. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Top 100 Players August 2013". World Chess Federation. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "GM Igor Kurnosov dies in a tragic incident". Chessdom. 2013-08-08. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Top seed Mamedyarov withdraws from Aeroflot Open
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Aeroflot scandal – the accused responds
- Igor Kurnosov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Igor Kurnosov chess games at 365Chess.com
- Interview with Igor Kurnosov (Russian)
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|