||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Minister for Education and Sports|
21 November 2008 – 10 February 2012
|Prime Minister||Borut Pahor|
|Preceded by||Milan Zver|
|Succeeded by||Žiga Turk|
31 March 1970 |
Novo Mesto, Yugoslavia
|Political party||Social Democrats|
|Alma mater||University of Ljubljana|
Igor Lukšič (born 3 December 1961) is a Slovenian political scientist, politician and was president of the Slovenian Social Democrats (June 2012–May 2014). Between November 2008 and February 2012, he served as Minister of Education in the center-left government of Borut Pahor.
Lukšič was born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia, then part of former Yugoslavia. He obtained his PhD at the University of Ljubljana in 1993. He started his academic career as a Teaching Assistant at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ljubljana in 1986. Subsequently, he became Assistant Professor in 1993 and Associate Professor in 1998. In 1999 he became vice dean and in 2001 dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ljubljana. Currently he works as a professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences in Ljubljana; between 2008 and 2011 he was a minister of Education and Sport. Until 22 March 2009 he was a vice president of Social Democrats in Slovenia.
- Demokracija v pluralni družbi - Preverjanje veljavnosti konsociativne teorije (Democracy in a plural society), 1991
- Liberalizem versus korporativizem (Liberalism versus Corporativism), 1994, ISBN 961-6014-16-1
- Politični sistem Republike Slovenije (The political system of the Republic of Slovenia), 2001, ISBN 961-6294-31-8
- "Curriculum vitae". Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- Siol.net - Lukšič novi predsednik SD (in Slovene)
- RTVSLO.si - http://www.rtvslo.si/slovenija/igor-luksic-odstopil-kot-predsednik-sd-ja/337799
|Minister for Education and Sports
|Party political offices|
|Leader of the Social Democrats
|This Slovenian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|