Igor Simčič (born 4 September 1954) is a Slovenian sports businessman, winemaker, and owner of the yacht Esimit Europa 2 (formerly Alfa Romeo 2), which in 2010 won all attended regattas, including the 42nd Barcolana regatta sailing race.
Simčič is, representing his work as aimed towards promotion of the United Europe, supported by the Slovenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the President of the Italian region Friuli-Venezia Giulia, and by the Russian energy company Gazprom. The aim is to deepen relations between the nations of Europe as well as between Europe and Russia.
- "Press Release: Barcolana: Esimit Europa 2 Wins, A Great Sailing Festival in Trieste" (PDF). 10 October 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "Simcic quiere "una de las mejores tripulaciones de la historia"" [Simcic wants "one of the best sailing crews in history"] (in Spanish). Europapress. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Esimit zdrvel do novega rekorda Barkolane" [Esimit Hurtled to a New Record of the Barcolana] (in Slovenian). 10 October 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "New Course Record for Esimit Europa 2 at the Spectacular Barcolana Regatta". PRWeb. 11 October 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- Interview with Igor Simčič. STA. 14 December 2010.