Igor Nikolayevich Troubetzkoy
Russian: Игорь Николаевич Трубецкой
|Born||23 August 1912|
|Died||20 December 2008 (aged 96)|
(m. 1947; div. 1951)
Arnaud Marie Troubetzkoy
|Father||Prince Nikolai Nikolaievich Troubetzkoy|
|Mother||Countess Jekaterina Mikhailovna Mussin-Pushkin|
Prince Igor Nikolayevich Troubetzkoy (Russian: Игорь Николаевич Трубецкой; 23 August 1912, Paris, – 20 December 2008, Nice) was a French aristocrat and athlete (Ski, cycling, car racing) of Russian descent.
Early life and family
Prince Igor Nikolayevich Troubetzkoy was born on 23 August 1912 in Paris, France. He was member of the princely Trubetskoy family, son of Prince Nikolai Nikolaievich Troubetzkoy (1867–1949) and the Countess Ekaterina Mikhailovna Musin-Pushkin (1884–1972). His brother, Youcca Troubetzkoy (1905–92), was an actor in French film during the 1920s and 1930s.
- Spider Corsa, #006I open 2-seater by Allemano, cycle fenders and lamps (raced by Clemente Biondetti and Tazio Nuvolari in his last Mille Miglia)
- Spider Corsa, #010I (ex-#01C) open 1-seater track car. Igor raced this in 1948.
- Spider Sport, #001S by Allemano, open 2-seater, road-registered in which Igor won Targa Florio (April 3, 1948) with Clemente Biondetti.
He retired from racing due to an accident at Circuit d'Albi (Aug 29, 1948). Sterzi had left the Scuderia and it ceased to exist, but the name was used for Ferrari 166 Inter, the company's first Grand Touring car.
He was married to American heiress Barbara Hutton (1912–79) in May 1947 and inspired her son from an earlier marriage, Lance Reventlow (1936–72), to take up racing. After his divorce from Hutton in 1951, Igor took up painting. In 1953, he fathered a son, Arnaud Marie, who in the 1970s started Troubetzkoy Paintings (Paris, New York City) that makes replica paintings.
- 166 Spyder Corsa 001S from barchetta.cc, last accessed on Nov 19, 2016.
- Biography of Igor Troubetzkoy from historicracing.com, last accessed on Nov 19, 2016.
- Years of birth and death for Igor's parents are from the Екатерина Михайловна кн. Трубецкая at Geni.com, last accessed on November 19, 2017.
- "Igor Troubetzkoy". CyclingRanking.com.
- Coupes de l'Agici at racingsportscars.com, last accessed November 17, 2016.
- Targa Florio 1948 166 SC, a discussion at ferrarichat.com, last read on Nov 17, 2016.
- 166 Spyder Corsa 006i at barchetta.cc, last accessed Nov 19, 2016.
- 01C 125C Spyder in barchetta.cc, last accessed Nov 10, 2016.
- 010I 166 Spyder Corsa at www.barchetta.cc, last accessed November 19, 2016.
- Prince Igor Troubetzkoy in ferrarichat.com, last accessed on Nov 19, 2016.
- "Troubetzkoy Paintings". troubetzkoypaintings.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.