This article possibly contains inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Platform(s)||Super Famicom |
Ihatovo Monogatari (イーハトーヴォ物語 Ihatovo Monogatari, lit. Ihatovo Story) is a 1993 adventure video game that was released exclusively in Japan. A fan translation group released an unofficial English translation patch for the game on December 28, 2018.
The story depicts the action as taking place in the utopian world of Ihatovo.
The game focuses on collecting information (notebooks from Miyazawa's fairy tales) and items (that are related to those fairy tales) instead of fighting monsters. Some of the surprises that the player finds includes a movie theater that is always closed, the opportunity to play the role of a temporary school teacher, and having portraits of unique non-player characters that show up while talking to them.
Inspired by the stories of Kenji Miyazawa, the story covers nine chapters and surreal environments. The ending involves speaking to Mr. Miyazawa himself and returning to the real world via the Galaxy Express train.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Composer information". SNESMusic.org. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Ihatovo Monogatari". ROMhacking.net. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "Game overview". MobyGames. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Basic analysis". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Additional information" (in Japanese). Geocities Japan. Retrieved 2008-07-09.