Ihiala is a city in Nigeria, located in the south of the state Anambra, and has long served as the local administrative capital of the zone. The population is about 87,796 persons.
Ihiala consists of several cities, such as Amorka, Azia, Lilu, Nigeria, Okija, Mbosi, Iseke, Orsumoghu, Ubuluisuzor and Uli.It lies in the agricultural belt of the state.
People from Ihiala
- Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, former Anambra governor
- Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Lawyer, former reality star and popular media personality
- Engineer Mark Ezemba. Ebubedike 1 of Amorka.
- Eleanya Crescent Chibuike. Geologist at RUWASSA, Ministry of Power and Domestic Water Development, Anambra State Government.
- HRH Igwe Dr. C.I. Okechukwu, The Oluoha XVI and Clan Head of Ihiala. Former Senior Lecturer of Accounting at University of Nigeria Nsukka
- Engr. Chinedu Obiako, Computer Scientist and Engineer, Former AGM Products and Enterprise Solutions, Zinox Technologies Limited - The first indigenous Computer manufacturer.
Coordinates: 5°51′14″N 6°51′36″E / 5.85389°N 6.86000°E