Соркін Ігор В'ячеславович
|8th Chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine|
January 11, 2013 – February 24, 2014
|Prime Minister||Mykola Azarov|
|Preceded by||Serhiy Arbuzov|
|Succeeded by||Stepan Kubiv|
3 March 1967 |
Donetsk, Ukrainian SSR
|Alma mater||Donetsk National University|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ihor Sorkin.|
Early years. Military career
Igor Sorkin was born on March 3, 1967 in Donetsk. He graduated from high school in 1984. In 1988–1996 he served in the Soviet Army and the National Guard of Ukraine (commander landing assault platoon, reconnaissance battalion and regimental intelligence chief of the National Guard).
Ihor Sorkin has three higher educations:
- in 1988 he graduated from the Baku Higher Combined-Arms Command School with a degree in "Engineer"
- in 1998 he graduated from Donetsk State University with a degree in "Law"
- in 2006 he graduated from Donetsk National University with a degree in "Banking"
Career in the National Bank of Ukraine
- Since 1996 he has been working in the system of the National Bank of Ukraine (economist of 1st category, leading economist, chief economist at the department, head of the sector, deputy head of the department, since 2001 - head of Banking Supervision department in Office of the National Bank of Ukraine in the Donetsk Oblast)
- In July 2010 he was appointed deputy governor of the National Bank of Ukraine
- Since January 17, 2011 - the 3d ranking civil servant.
- From December 2012 - acting governor of the National Bank of Ukraine
- In January 11, 2013 he was appointed governor of the National Bank of Ukraine by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine after being proposed by President Viktor Yanukovych.
- Since January 18, 2013 - member of National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine.
Sorkin's wife Anzhela is a former executive of UkrBusinessBank. The head of the board of this bank was Sorkins predecessor as national bank governor Serhiy Arbuzov; while UkrBusinessBank was owned by Oleksandr Yanukovych who is the son of president Viktor Yanukovych at the time of the appointment of Sorkin as national bank governor.
- "Ukraine's parliament appoints new central bank chief". Reuters. February 24, 2014. Archived from the original on February 28, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- (in Russian)/(website has automatic Google Translate option) Short bio, LIGA
- Указ Президента України № 49/2011 Про присвоєння рангу державного службовця [Decree of the President of Ukraine № 49/2011 "On conferring the rank of civil servant] (in Ukrainian). Archived from the original on January 28, 2014. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Resolution of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine № 18-VII (January 11, 2013) "On appointment Sorkin IV as Chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine"(in Ukrainian)
- Decree of the President of Ukraine № 33/2013 "The composition of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine"(in Ukrainian)
- "Ukraine: Speaker Oleksandr Turchynov named interim president". BBC News. February 23, 2014. Archived from the original on February 23, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
"Ukraine protests timeline". BBC News. February 23, 2014. Archived from the original on February 19, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Депутати змінили голову Нацбанку [MPs changed the head of the National Bank]. Ukrayinska Pravda (in Ukrainian). February 24, 2014. Archived from the original on March 13, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Court arrests ex-head of NBU Sorkin in absentia, Interfax-Ukraine (17 March 2014)
- Decree of the President of Ukraine № 1094/2011 "A celebration of state awards of Ukraine on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of proof national referendum Act of Independence of Ukraine (December 1, 1991)"(in Ukrainian)
- Mr. Mykola Azarov and Mr. Sergiy Arbuzov introduce a new Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine
- Ihor Sorkin new governor of the National Bank of Ukraine
- Prime Minister introduces Sorkin to NBU personnel
|Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine