Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
|Location||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Campus||Urban, 100-acre (40 ha)|
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad) is a public university located in Allahabad, in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institutes of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
The institution was founded in 1999, and in the following year received university status and the right to award its own degrees. In 2014 the IIIT Act was passed, under which IIITA and four other Institutes of Information Technology funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development were classed as Institutes of National Importance.
The first director of the institute was M.D. Tiwari, from 1999 to 2013. G.C. Nandi served as director in-charge on the first four months of 2014, until the Somenath Biswas took over the directorship and served from May 2014 to July 2016. After another stint by Nandi as director (Offg) that lasted until May 2017, P. Nagabhushan was appointed director.
|University and College rankings|
|Engineering – India|
|India Today (2017)||11|
|Outlook India (2017)||12|
Effervescence is an annual cultural festival at the university. It lasts for three days and includes technology, debate, music, sports and other activities.
- IIITs. Ministry of Human Resource Development. Accessed January 2017.
- "Joint Seat Allocation Authority 2016". Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Former Directors". Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "IIITA Director's Message". Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Engineering". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Blazing start to Effervescence". Times of India. 2 October 2012.