Iitti – Itis
Location of Iitti in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Pentti Toivanen|
|• Total||687.08 km2 (265.28 sq mi)|
|• Land||589.81 km2 (227.73 sq mi)|
|• Water||97.27 km2 (37.56 sq mi)|
|Area rank||183rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||148th largest in Finland|
|• Density||11.78/km2 (30.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.7%|
|• 15 to 64||63.3%|
|• 65 or older||22%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.5%|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Kymenlaakso region. The municipality has a population of 6,948 (30 June 2015) and covers an area of 687.08 square kilometres (265.28 sq mi) of which 97.27 km2 (37.56 sq mi) is water. The population density is 11.78 inhabitants per square kilometre (30.5/sq mi).
In 1990, the center of Iitti, which surrounds the old parish church, was voted the most attractive kirkonkylä ("church village") in Finland.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Anttila, Haapakimola, Haapalahti, Isokylä, Jokue, Kalaksue, Kauramaa, Kausala (Kausansaari), Kirkonkylä, Koliseva, Konttila, Koskenniska, Kukonoja, Kuukso, Kuusanniemi, Kymentaka (Kymentausta), Kyrönkylä, Kyöperilä, Leppäniemi, Lyöttilä, Mankala, Maunuksela, Muikkula, Munakallio, Niinimäki, Nirvinen, Parikka, Perheniemi, Piilahti, Puolakka, Pyörylä, Radansuu, Ruokoniemi, Saaranen, Savijoki, Siikakoski, Sitikkala, Säkkilänmaa, Säyhtee, Sääskjärvi, Taasia, Tapola, Tillola, Vuolenkoski and Väärtti.
- Lasse J. Laine - naturalist
Media related to Iitti at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Iitti – Official website Finnish, Swedish, English and German languages
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 30.06.2015" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|