The new station building under construction in May 2014
(See other stations in Nagano)
|Address in Japanese||長野県飯山市飯山|
|Statistics||609 passengers/day (FY2013)|
|There is a bus stop near this station|
Iiyama Station (飯山駅 Iiyama-eki?) is a railway station on the Iiyama Line in the city of Iiyama, Nagano Prefecture, Japan, operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East). Since 14 March 2015, it is also a stop on the high-speed Hokuriku Shinkansen line from Tokyo to Kanazawa.
Iiyama Station is served by the Iiyama Line. From 14 March 2015, it also became a stop on the high-speed Hokuriku Shinkansen line from Tokyo to Kanazawa, located 147.3 km from the official starting point of the line at Takasaki. Iiyama is served by Hakutaka services operating between Tokyo and Kanazawa, although not all trains will stop at Iiyama.
The new station structure built to coincide with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension lies approximately 300 m (980 ft) to the south of the site of the original station. The elevated shinkansen platforms cross the ground-level Iiyama Line platforms at an angle. The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
The Iiyama Line is served by a ground-level island platform with tracks on either side.
|1||■ Iiyama Line||for Toyono and Nagano|
|2||■ Iiyama Line||for Togarinozawa-Onsen, Tōkamachi and Echigo-Kawaguchi|
|11||■ Hokuriku Shinkansen||for Nagano, Takasaki and Tokyo|
|12||■ Hokuriku Shinkansen||for Toyama and Kanazawa|
|Kagayaki: no stop|
The new station structure opened on 9 November 2014.
In fiscal 2013, the station was used by an average of 609 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- 北陸新幹線延伸開業区間新駅ガイド [Guide to new stations on the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese) (Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun) 44 (371): p.15–23. March 2015.
- 長野～金沢間のあらまし [Outline of route between Nagano and Kanazawa]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese) (Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun) 44 (371): p.12–14. March 2015.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] II. Japan: JTB. p. 592. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2013年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2013)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2001. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2006. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iiyama Station.|
- JR East station information (Japanese)