Type of site
|Online game portal|
|Created by||Ashton Mentz, La Mirada, CA|
|Slogan(s)||Super Free to Play Multiplayer Online Games|
|Registration||Requires Facebook Account|
|Launched||July 7, 2006|
ijji // was a free multiplayer game portal website. Games hosted at ijji ranged from traditional shooters and MMORPGs to more accessible casual games, all of which were free to download and play, and with the majority featuring competitive multiplayer gameplay. The ijji website opened on July 7, 2006. The American-based game portal has published some well-known worldwide titles that include Alliance of Valiant Arms, GunZ, and Soldier Front.
ijji decided to focus more on the "hardcore" gaming segment, as they had already released Alliance of Valiant Arms and Soul of the Ultimate Nation in 2009. ijji later released Genesis A.D into open beta.
ijji surpassed 10 million unique registered users in November 2009 and created a new logo for their game portal. The old orange ijji logo was replaced by a new metallic looking logo.  In this same month, all flash games on ijji.com that required no download were closed and removed from the game portal.
In June 2011, ijji partnered up with Steam, the popular game distributing platform developed by Valve Corporation, and released Alliance of Valiant Arms as one of the free-to-play games available on Steam. This partnership allowed for the increasing of the community size of the free-to-play game portal. As a celebration, ijji gave away a free exclusive weapon, the British L8A52 rifle for new users who signed up on Steam.
Starting on October 26, 2011, ijji removed the ability to sign up for a new ijji account. Instead, users will log in with their Facebook account to play ijji games. Existing users are still able to log in with their old accounts.
Acquisition of ijji
On January 5, 2012, NHN Corporation sold 100% stake of ijji to Aeria Games. The new game portal has confirmed that it will only be hosting the three core games (GunZ, Soldier Front, and Alliance of Valiant Arms). All hosted games will be transferred to new game portals which ijji has already begun doing so. As of July 22, 2012, all ijji services were taken down. On July 23, 2012, account transfers were open for users to transfer existing account data to Aeria Games. It was rumored that a group of hackers stole tons of personal information and millions of dollars.
On May 5, 2013 Aeria announced it would cancel GunZ by May 31, 2013.
As of January 29, 2016 Aeria Games has stopped supporting Soldier Front.
In 2016, Aeria Games stopped providing service for Alliance of Valliant Arms. The game was transferred to En Masse Entertainment.
History of ijji Games
- Drift City (2007 – Transferred in October 2010 to game portal GamesCampus)
- GunZ: The Duel (2007 - Transferred in July 2012 to game portal Aeria Games who then dropped it May 2013)
- KwonHo: The Fist of Heroes (Closed/Open Beta 2007 – November 2007)
- Luminary – Rise of the Goonzu (2007 - Transferred in May 2012 to game portal NDOORS)
- Soldier Front (2007 - Transferred in July 2012 to game portal Aeria Games who then dropped in on January 29th 2016)
- Alliance of Valiant Arms – Urban Operation (2009 - Transferred in July 2012 to game portal Aeria Games)
- Atlantica Online (2009 – Transferred in March 2011 to game portal Nexon America)
- Holy Beast Online (2009 - Transferred in June 2012 to game portal CyberStep, closing on July 31, 2012 for North America)
- Huxley: The Dystopia (Closed Beta 2009 – Sept 2010)
- Karma: Operation Barbossa (Closed Beta 2009 – Dec 2010)
- Rohan: Blood Feud (2009 - Transferred in March 2012 to game portal YNK Interactive)
- Soul of the Ultimate Nation (2009 – December 2010)
- Genesis A.D. (2010 – April 2011 with the game being opened again in January 2012 on game portal Aeria Games under the name Repulse) and later closing again in ?)
- Karos Online (2010 - Transferred in April 2012 to game portal Ignited Games, merging with Rosh Online: The Return of Karos)
- Neo Steam (2010 – December 2011)
- Splash Fighters (2010 - Transferred in June 2012 to game portal CyberStep)
- Warrior Epic (2010 – November 2010)
- Pandora Saga (2011 - Transferred in March 2012 to game portal Atlus Online)
- Cosmic Break (2011 - Transferred in June 2012 to game portal CyberStep)
- "ijji – Where Gamers Unite!". Bbs.ijji.com. 2006-07-07. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "ijji Surpasses 9 Million Members; Boasts Staggering Growth – Games News at IGN". Games.ign.com. 2009-10-07. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Heading into New Decade and 10 Million Members, ijji.com Unveils New Logo". games.ign.com. 2009-11-09. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Mini Games and Card/Board Games Closing!". bbs.ijji.com. 2009-11-02. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Alliance of Valiant Arms comes to Steam". www.gamergaia.com. 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Aeria Games Acquires ijji Games in Conjunction With Investment Funding From NHN Corporation". www.businesswire.com. 2012-01-05. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- Notice of migration for members of Luminary Goonzu Ijji Website: "We appreciate the support and devotion that you have all shown to Luminary, the Rise of the Goonzu. On May 7, 2012, the service of the Ijji.com will be terminated, however, Luminary's service will still continue. Ijji.com users can transfer game data and information by using the following method."
- "Termination of Service in North America". CyberStep. Retrieved 27 May 2012.