Chaos Flare Second Chapter cover
|Designer(s)||Kiyomune Miwa, Ukyou Kodachi and F.E.A.R.|
|Publication date||2005 (1st edition)
2008 Second Chapter(2nd edition)
Chaos Flare (カオスフレア?) a.k.a. Ikai Senki Chaos Flare (異界戦記カオスフレア lit. Record of dimensions war, Chaos Flare?) is a Japanese multi-genre role-playing game inspired by Torg and various animations, novels and games.
Chaos Flare's many settings and terms are derived from Gnosticism.
Players take the role of Chaos Flare, deliberately larger-than-life heroes engaged in fighting against Demiurge and his dark apostles called Dusk Flare, to prevent fantasy world Origin being ruined by them. Chaos Flares that were originally called conquistadors were invaders from several dimensions (called spheres). However, Chaos Flares determined to fight for Origin because they awoke to the justice.
The realms extant are as follows:
- Foreigner - They come from "our" Earth. Foreigners possess the strongest weapons named Absolute Weapon Mercury. It is influenced from The Chronicles of Narnia, Aura Battler Dunbine, Saint Seiya and Persona Series.
- Origin - It is an ordinary fantasy world that the heroes protect.
- Amərətāt - The dragon-folk that are led by Illuyankas whose appearance is a little human girl.
- G.R.E.Z. - Machinery life comes from planet Hadalya. G.R.E.Z. is the name of their mother computer. It seems that it is inspired by Transformers, Zoids, Star Trek, The King of Braves GaoGaiGar and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- Collapser - Demons, demigods and Space Terrible Monster Crowd. It is inspired by Devilman, Gunbuster, Ultraman and Cthulhu Mythos.
- Fugaku - Samurais on the space battleships. They are led by Oda Nobunaga appeared as a 16-year-old girl.
- Nephilim - Megacorp in planet Elda. It is inspired by Military of the United States, Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armor and Ace Combat.
- Gyou empire - China-like empire that is inspired by Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Fengshen Yanyi, Mister Ajikko, Wuxia novels and Hong Kong movies.
- Pandemonium - Tokyo Pandemonium city in planet Elda that is similar to actual Tokyo. But it is a cyberpunk setting that is inspired by Tokyo NOVA, Megami Tensei, Fate/stay night and Locke the Superman.
|This role-playing game related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|