|Full name||Ikechukwu Kalu|
|Date of birth||18 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Kaduna, Nigeria|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Striker, Attacking midfield|
|2003–2004||→ Pro Patria (loan)||26||(4)|
|2004–2005||→ Pisa (loan)||26||(7)|
|2005–2007||→ Chiasso (loan)||48||(28)|
|2007–2008||→ Sampdoria (loan)||25||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He started his career at Jasper United in Nigeria. He was signed by U.C. Sampdoria in summer 2002. After played one season in Genoa, A.C. Milan signed him on summer 2003 in joint-ownership bid for €1 million, and saw Luca Antonini move to opposite direction in joint-ownership deal (for €2 million), and sent him on loan to Pisa and Chiasso. He scored 28 goals in 44 games in two season in Swiss second division, which saw Sampdoria recall him in summer 2007. He made his Serie A debut on November 10, 2007 against Empoli F.C..
In June 2008, Sampdoria bought back Kalu from Milan for €250,000 and co-currently signed Paolo Sammarco outright for another €2.5 million. Kalu then sold to the Swiss side AC Bellinzona for €400,000.
- Meaning of Ikechukwu in Nigerian.name
- AC MIlan Spa 2006 Annual Report Archived 2011-04-25 at WebCite (Italian)
- "AC Milan Group 2008 Annual Report" (PDF). AC Milan (in Italian). ca. April 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 May 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2011. Check date values in:
- U.C. Sampdoria SpA bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2008 (Italian), PDF purchased from Italian CCIAA
- Nigerianplayers.com profile
- football.ch profile(German)
- AC Bellinzona profile (Italian)
- Ikechukwu Kalu at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to Nigerian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|