|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
Ilan Henry Eshkeri is an British and French film composer.
Eshkeri was born in London. During his childhood, he learned to play the violin and guitar and later went on to play in a rock band. Eshkeri attended Leeds University where he studied music and English literature. During this time he also worked with fellow film composers Edward Shearmur, Michael Kamen and music producer Steve McLaughlin.
Eshkeri got his break following his work on Back to Gaya. He was asked to score Layer Cake, and he later received a nomination for Discovery of the Year at the World Soundtrack Awards. He has since collaborated with the director of Layer Cake, Matthew Vaughn, on a number of other films, including Stardust which earned Eshkeri a nomination for Breakout Composer of the Year and won him the International Film Music Critics Association award for Best Original Score'. Eshkeri and Vaughn's most recent collaboration was the film adaptation of Kick-Ass.
Eshkeri's other notable works include The Young Victoria, which was nominated for this year's Ivor Novello Award for Best Original Score; Warner Bros' martial arts epic Ninja Assassin, Dino DeLaurentiis' Hannibal Rising, and producing the BAFTA-nominated score to Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Eshkeri has also collaborated with various songwriters including Annie Lennox and David Gilmour, and has worked with Take That.
- Trinity (2001)
- Layer Cake (2004)
- Ring of the Nibelungs (2004)
- Hannibal Rising (2007)
- Straightheads (2007)
- Strength and Honour (2007)
- Stardust (2007)
- Virgin Territory (2008)
- Telstar (2008)
- The Young Victoria (2009)
- Ninja Assassin (2009)
- From Time to Time (2009)
- Centurion (2010)
- Kick-Ass (2010)
- Blitz (2011)
- Johnny English Reborn (2011)
- Coriolanus (2012)
- I Give it a Year (2013)
- Austenland (2013)
- Justin and the Knights of Valour (2013)
- Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (2013)
- 47 Ronin (2013)
- The Invisible Woman (2014)
- Get Santa (2014)
- Still Alice (2014)
- Black Sea (2014)
- Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)
- Survivor (2015)
- Colosseum: A Gladiator's Story (2003)
- Colosseum: Rome's Arena of Death (2003)
- The Banker (2004)
- Trial & Retribution XX Siren (2008)
- Trial & Retribution XXI Ghost Train (2008)
- Trial & Retribution XXII Shooter (2008)
- Planet Dinosaur (2011)
- The Snowman and The Snowdog (with Andy Burrows) (2012)
- Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond (2014)
2007 International Film Music Critics Association nomination for Best Original Fantasy Score: Stardust
2008 Malibu Film Festival Winner for Best Soundtrack: Strength & Honour
2010 BAFTA nomination for Best Music: Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (music producer)
2010 Ivor Novello nomination for Best Original Film Score: The Young Victoria
- "Biography". ilaneshkeri.com. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "World Soundtrack Academy — History". Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- Greening, Chris (May 25, 2014). "Ilan Eshkeri scores The Sims 4 with the London Metropolitan". Game Music Online. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- "2007 Award Winners Announced By International Film Music Critics Association". SoundtrackNet. 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- Official website
- Ilan Eshkeri at the Internet Movie Database
- Ilan Eshkeri on SoundCloud
- Ilan Eshkeri on Facebook
- Ilan Eshkeri on Twitter