Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ilana Yacine Harris-Babou
|Education||Yale University |
BA – 2013
MFA – 2016
Harris-Babou often uses music videos, cooking shows, and home improvement television as material in her practice, often dissecting notions of the American Dream. Her practices engages ideas about intimacy, violence, and consumption.
Selected exhibition history
- 2019 – Strange Loops– Artspace, New Haven, CT. Curated by Johannes DeYoung and Federico Solmi.
- 2019 – Harris-Babou is set to show in the 2019 Whitney Biennial, curated by Rujeko Hockley and Jane Panetta.
- 2018 – Reparation Hardware – Larrie, New York, NY
- 2017 – One Bad Recipe – The Museum of Arts and Design, New York, NY
- 2016 – In Response: Unorthodox – The Jewish Museum, New York. NY
- 2018 Session, Recess Art, New York, NY.
- 2017 Van Lier Fellow, Museum of Arts and Design, New York, NY.
- 2017 Artist Community Engagement Grant, Rema Hort Mann Foundation, New York, NY.
- "Ilana Harris-Babou". madmuseum.org.
- Steinhauer, Jillian (February 25, 2019). "The Whitney Biennial: 75 Artists Are In, and One Dissenter Steps Out". The New York Times.
- Entertainment, The only biannual Magazine for Architectural. "REPARATION HARDWARE: ILANA HARRIS-BABOU'S TAKE ON THE AMERICAN DREAM". pinupmagazine.org. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- "Ilana Harris-Babou". The New Yorker. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- "Fellow Focus: Ilana Harris-Babou: One Bad Recipe". madmuseum.org.
- "March 2016 Programs at the Jewish Museum Feature Albert Einstein, Artists Responding to Unorthodox, Artist Omer Fast, and More". The Jewish Museum. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- "Ilana Harris-Babou – Rema Hort Mann Foundation".
- Ilana Harris-Babou – artviewer.org
- Aspiration and the Deferral of Pleasure: Ilana Harris-Babou – Interviewed by Rebecca Schultz – BOMB Magazine
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|