Location of Ilgın within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Halil İbrahim Oral (AKP)|
|• District||1,708.12 km2 (659.51 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,030 m (3,380 ft)|
|• District density||33/km2 (87/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Ilgın is a town and district of Konya Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. According to 2000 census, population of the district is 75,681 of which 26,698 live in the town of Hadim.
The name ılgın comes from a flower that blossoms in winter through the snow for only one day.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Ilgın, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-24.
|This geographical article about a location in Konya Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|