|Regional unit||Central Athens|
|• Municipality||12.724 km2 (4.913 sq mi)|
|Elevation||150 m (490 ft)|
|• Municipality density||6,100/km2 (16,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Ilioupoli (Greek: Ηλιούπολη, lit. "Sun City") is a suburban municipality in the southeastern part of the Athens urban area, Greece. Its name is the modern form of the ancient name of Heliopolis in Egypt. Development of Ilioupoli started around 1924, when Greek refugees from Asia Minor settled there. Ilioupoli is twinned with Novi Sad (Serbia) and Larnaca (Cyprus).
Ilioupoli is 6 km (4 mi) southeast of Athens city centre. The municipality has an area of 12.724 km2. It lies at the western foot of the forested Hymettus mountain, which covers the eastern half of the municipality. Its built-up area is continuous with those of neighbouring suburbs Ymittos, Agios Dimitrios, Alimos and Argyroupoli. The main thoroughfares are Vouliagmenis Avenue, which connects Ilioupoli with central Athens, and Venizelou Avenue, which connects with Motorway 64. Ilioupoli station is served by Line 2 of the Athens Metro. Ilioupoli is also linked by bus to downtown Athens (OASA 237 line), to Glyfada (OASA 140 line) and Piraeus (OASA 218 line).
Ilioupoli is subdivided into 11 quarters: Agia Marina, Agia Mavra, Agia Paraskevi, Agios Konstantinos-Kanaria, Ano Ilioupoli, Astynomika-Panorama, Kato Ilioupoli, Kentro, Nisaki, Typografika and Chalikaki. Ilioupoli has an uncommon street plan, characterised by 5 sets of concentric circular or oval streets.
- Anapsiktirio "Demetrios Kintis"
- Plateia Iroon (Iroon Square)
- Koimisi tis Theotokou Church
- Kentriki Plateia (Central Square)
- The Stouggaris Building (Sophia the fox, big one)
- Plateia Kanaria (Kanaria Square)
- Plateia Flemingk (Fleming Square)
|Sport clubs based in Ilioupoli|
|Charavgiakos||1949||Football , Basketball||Earlier presence in Beta Ethniki, in football|
|GS Ilioupoli||1953||Football , Basketball, Volleyball, Water Polo and other sports||Earlier presence in Beta Ethniki in football, presence in A1 Ethniki in Women's Volleyball and Men's Water Polo|
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Greek Travel Pages: Ilioupoli
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- Official website (in Greek)
- Europe/Greece/Attica/Attiki/Ilioupoli/ Photos of Ilioupoli
- http://www.cityofilioupolis.gr/ (in Greek)
- Ilioupoli's online shopping guide (in Greek)