|Name meaning||from personal name|
'Illar (Arabic: عِلار) is a Palestinian town in the Tulkarm Governorate in the eastern West Bank, located 20 kilometers Northeast of Tulkarm. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, 'Illar had a population of approximately 6,190 inhabitants in 2007. 6.6% of the population of 'Illar were refugees in 1997. The healthcare facilities for the surrounding villages are based in 'Illar, the facilities are designated as MOH level 2.
British Mandate era
In 1945 the population of Illar was 1,450, all Muslims, with 13,981 dunams of land according to an official land and population survey. 4,432 dunams were plantations and irrigable land, 5,431 used for cereals, while 33 dunams were built-up (urban) land.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-12-10. Retrieved 2010-06-16. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.
- Palmer, 1881, p. 182
- Palestinian Population by Locality and Refugee Status Archived 2012-02-07 at the Wayback Machine. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
- Health care Facilities Tulkarm Governorate
- Conder and Kitchener, 1882, p. 154
- Barron, 1923, Table XI, Sub-district of Tulkarm, p. 27
- Mills, 1932, p.55
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 20
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 75
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 125
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 175
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.