Illinois Medical District station
|Location||430 South Damen Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60612
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Structure type||Surface Level|
|Opened||June 22, 1958|
|Rebuilt||1998 (Damen entrance renovated), 2016-18 (Station Renovation)|
|Previous names||Medical Center (1958–2006)|
|Passengers (2015)||1,026,606 3% (CTA)|
|Rank||71 out of 143[a]|
Illinois Medical District is a station on the Chicago Transit Authority's 'L' system, serving the Blue Line's Forest Park branch. Prior to June 25, 2006, the station was known as Medical Center. As the name implies, it primarily serves the Illinois Medical District and Tri-Taylor neighborhood, but is also close to the United Center, home of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks sports teams.
Project began in September 2016; construction will end in 2018.
|G||Ground level||Entrance/Exit, station building|
|Southbound||← Blue Line toward Forest Park (Western)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Blue Line toward O'Hare (Racine) →|
- 7 Harrison
- 50 Damen
- 126 Jackson
- 157 Streeterville/Taylor
Notes and references
- Due to possible double-counting of physically-connected stations, the CTA's official 2015 tally of stations was 146, but for ridership purposes reported having only 143 stations.
- "Monthly Ridership Report – December 2015" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 11, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
Media related to Illinois Medical District (CTA) at Wikimedia Commons
- Damen entrance in 1958 @ America on the Move (Smithsonian Institution)
- Illinois Medical District Station Page
- Damen Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Ogden Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Paulina Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|